Whats A Good Upgrade Motor For A Ae92

jdmae92

Members dont see this ad

I was thinking of droping anthor motor in my ae92 right now its got a 1.6 carby motor wanting to upgrade for something with fuel injection that goes quicker

Don't forget the fuel tank/pump, wiring loom, brakes & suspension that will need to go with said motor... :wink:

Try several of these:

I suggest a search

Along with a lot of reading of whatever the search engine you use brings up.

Edited by carbonboy

id go 4k or 5k cause no ones done it before :y:

Deary me, the legalities & technicalities involved with putting an older (RWD) engine in a newer (FWD) car... Nevermind once you've switched over to an "A" engine, you'll never go back to a "K"! :wink:

To answer your question jdmae92, yes it is the supercharged version. Toyota had a system going where if the engine code had a Z in it, it was supercharged. :yes: Friendly tip? Certain kinds of questions, while legitimate if you genuinly don't know, can result in a lot of sarcasm/flamage on internet forums, not so much here though. To avoid, chuck '4AGZE' into our search feature or Google, this will answer a few of your questions & probably give you a few more! :D

Edited by carbonboy

If you don't go K motor a 1j or 2jz would be the go. Fwd with all that go.

On a more serious note either 4age or gze are good choices

I've just moved from a 4age to a gze and the step up is awesome the gze has so much more punch the the non sc version to be fair tho the ge is still kick arse engine

I'm running a 1.6 carby engine as well, and i had a look around for info and for the time and money spent doing an upgrade your better off buying an efi whole car. Id reccomend getting a 20v blacktop/silvertop or going all out and getting the 4AGZE.

• 2 weeks later...