December 6, 200520 yr comment_85718 Hey Dyzza, I've got a KE30 2 door as well. I'm thinking of putting in a tacho. Did yours fit well in the space left of the speedo, where there is sometimes a clock on other corollas? What tacho do you have? Report
December 6, 200520 yr comment_85888 mr hardware, i suggest installing a tacho, you'd be surprised bruce, someone's put a little tacho in the dash of my ke36 where the clock is. it looks almost factory. you could just get any cheap little thing and cut the clock out. it looks almost factory on my ke25, i had an autometer tacho on the steering column, same size as the speedo, it kinda blocked half the speedo and the temp gauge but oh well Report
December 6, 200520 yr comment_85892 I have a tacho that I used to have where the clock is in the KE3x dash...it looks really good. I then jammed a Autometer Boost guage in there. Report
December 6, 200520 yr Author comment_85933 bruce ... my tacho is kinda big, i think its 4 or 5 inches across, a nice silver one with shift light and stuff. It sits where rolla___boy said - in front of where the factory clock is (or would be - my car doesn't have one). It looks good there, fits really well. The only thing is, with the steering wheel i have, I can't see all of the tacho - d'oh. Cheers, dyzza Report
December 7, 200520 yr comment_87363 I just bought a small tacho from super cheap. It was 50% off. Got it for $25. Report
December 7, 200520 yr comment_87400 Ive got a tacho attached to my steering column, i think its size is 3.5", doesnt block much, it kinda block the 100mph part of the speedo but when your going that fast you don't really care how fast your going, so no matter :( But I'm either going to get a case for it, or buy a new one (with a shift light :D ) because at the moment its white and it looks shit, and its fairly old too, and nothing special... Report
December 12, 200520 yr comment_88283 Put the tacho gauge in on the weekend. Put it in where the space is for the clock. I´ve got a 4 speed gearbox in my KE30. At 100 km/hr the rpm is at 4000. Like to put a 5 speed gear box into it to save a bit of fuel, and to have run quieter :P, (have to speak out loudly to hear conversations in the car). I did a plot of rpm versus speed for fun: The relationship is fairly linear, as expected. It will probably plateau out at higher speed. Did not want to go over 110 Km (heaps of speed cameras). :) Has anyone had their corolla flat to the floor to see what max speed it does? : Report
December 12, 200520 yr comment_88294 I had my corolla screaming down a road which nobody uses and it was getting close to 100mph, but I had to slow down because of a corner :) i think it would of exceeded 100mph, as it was still pulling hard, but I'm about to get an kmph speedo conversion so that will be better mph is useless nowadays... :P Report
December 12, 200520 yr comment_88303 several of us have had corollas that will wind off the speedo the feds read forums so that's all i'll say Report
December 12, 200520 yr comment_88341 AE-82 4A-C I have had mine at 158ks could not reach the 160... this is after changing my box from 4 to 5 speed. I red lined it in second today reached 80 ks mind you my engin has issues with pinging and running on, after I tune her timing she may go harder Report
December 12, 200520 yr comment_88392 ah f@$kit ke25. 200km/h :) the eg6 civic i was racing started pulling away about 190 i wonder if forum posts are admissable in court :P Report
December 12, 200520 yr comment_88401 spose you could just say you did it on the race track. Geez, 200 km/h, how does it run at that speed? Does it cruise smooth, or does it gets the shakes? Report
December 13, 200520 yr comment_88558 surprisingly not shaky at all, it was a great car to drive except for the goddamn 114db exhaust that 200 was also with the bonnet catch sprung and resting up against the bonnet pins. i wonder how much of a difference that made? Report
December 13, 200520 yr Author comment_88654 that 200 was also with the bonnet catch sprung and resting up against the bonnet pins. damm, thats nasty! always wondered what'd happen if the bonnet popped open at high speed :) dyzza Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now