One Brake Squeeking

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

Rav 4's and new model corollas have a chamfered edge on the pads from new and when they get to about backing plate thickness that edge is gone and they make a horrible noise like metal on metal type noise but are still good, this maybe the problem?

Ahhhh yeh ... it does sit a couple of mm further in than the back plate, hmmm maybe, but check out the pics looks like heaps of pad life left?

On the other hand they were sweaking a couple of months ago but it stopped so I assumed all is well in the universe

:huh:

2 new rotors with bendix ultimate pads put on, I'm eatting rice for a while $415 :sob:

The mechanic said it was strange tho, he said my front rotors and pads look brand new ... rears had .5mm left, not enough to machine he said and pads maybe would of lasted another 5-10k

Thank you all for helping out, too bad I couldn't do it myself this time round :blinks:

I did have a crack at it, I couldn't get the calipers off so I gave up... (I also got a bit scared the jack was going to break when I was reefing on the wrench to try and undo the calipers and the whole car moved) I only have one car left and I don't won't to break that one too! :no2: