7K Into My Ke70

Ke70 Buh

Members dont see this ad

you need to modify the sump and use the van engine mounts but tbqh i'd just chuck the 4k manifolds and dizzy on it as far as wiring goes. the bellhousing is the same as a 4k afaik, but if you are running a standard gearbox and diff you will snap them, i'd source the gearbox bellhousing from a manual 7k van and use the gearbox and crossmember off an rt142 corona or xa6x celica. if you really wanna go efi, keep the loom and shit off the van and use a lift pump and swirl pot with a vl turbo fuel pump. i've been researching the swap for my own ksev so if you wanna pm me for advice go ahead

snap the standard gearbox ?? i know someone that has had a k50 in his car with 7k for over 5 years now and hasnt snapped the box yet , but in saying that it all depends how u drive your car hey

Edited by pmp16

thanks thats heaps good. i think I'm gunna put the 7k in with the 4k gearbox for now an i can get a 7k gearbox when i wanna start putting more power into it. an yea I'm not too sure how long the diff is gunna last cos i did the manual conversion so its still got the piece of crap 3 speed auto diff in it. so probably looking to get a big unbreakable diff aswell.

the other thing i wanna ask is about the sump. i know its gotta be modified but how exactly?

cos i don't wanna chop the crossmember to make the sump fit in

Snapped it with standard 4k And the guy never snapped second or drove it hard ?? In saying that or the previous owner ??

I have to cut my sump to fit ke10 hopefully will

be done soon too .. But for rough example from the front at bottom of sump gotta measure like 100mm across then cut upward bout 70mm and cut it across toward back engine so end result it takes the curved back section out of sump and makes it more of a right angle . hope that aint too confusing lol hard to explain

snap the standard gearbox ?? i know someone that has had a k50 in his car with 7k for over 5 years now and hasnt snapped the box yet , but in saying that it all depends how u drive your car hey

Just gotta be really really soft on shifts and NO burnouts!!!

I didn't break my k50 with my 100rwkw and stupid amounts of torque 5kze. In saying that it might be a bit noisy but the blower whine may have also been playing funny buggers with my ears.lol.

Stu.

Well if a 3k sump fits on 4k In size but bolts don't line up how does a 3k sump fit on a 7k but the 4k doesn't ???? thinking hmmm thinking still don't know that one ??

Edited by pmp16