Kerb Weight Vs. Gross Vehicle Weight

love ke70

hey everyone, i duno if this is the right section but it seemed appropriate...

i just have a question regarding kerb weight and gross vehicle weight, what is the difference between the two?

as far as i understood one was without fluids, the other was with, however lookin through some ke70 stats that teddy put up, think it was u teddy, for my ke70 my kerb weight is 910 kgs but the GVW is 1270 kgs, now i don't think fluids amount to 360 kilos so just wondering what are the differences between the 2?

thanks guys

~andrew~

Members dont see this ad

quick google

Base Curb Weight

Is the weight of the vehicle including a full tank of fuel and all standard equipment. It does not include passengers, cargo or any optional equipment.

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)

Is the maximum recommended weight for a vehicle, including: the weight of the vehicle itself, fuel and other fluids, passengers, and all cargo.

kerb weight is the car in (supposedly) street trim with 10L of fuel in the boot

gvm is how much your car is legally rated to carry with a full load

the gvm of a ke70 may be 1270, so you're legally allowed to stick a couple of hundred kilos in the boot or in a trailer, that's all it's load rated to

a hilux weighs about 1100kg but it's gvm is 2.7 tonnes because you're allowed to carry a tonne in the tray and a big shitheap on a trailer plus the weight of the truck itself

thanks guys, i did google, but it was a coupla weeks back and i was rather tired, and what they were sayin didnt make alota sense, makes sense now tho!

thanks for clearin that up, i thought it was tellin me my ke70 weighed 1270 kg :D

so when i tow about 500 kgs in the trailer I'm breakin the law, how odd, meh

thanks again for the help guys :lolcry:

~andrew~