Shovel Anyone?

mr04ag

Hey all! I picked up a really decent RT40 corona last week... Haven't cleaned it yet but check it out!

The trusty 2R and toyoglide have travelled just 38000 miles from new, it has no rust at all, amazing chrome (no dents whatsoever), very very good trim, door trims and seats are in great nick, carpet is good except a little worn where your spare foot sits, dash and steering wheel are fantastic, dash pad has a crack though, body is very straight, just has small dent on the top of the LH rear quarter (1/3 of the size of an egg) and unfortunately has a bit of a scrape on the LH side also (damn old people), it has the original service book and owners manual still in plastic in new condition, and also has an unused tool kit in the plastic bag still in the boot!

It drives brilliantly, just has a busted exhaust hanger, and is so original it's crazy... everything under the bonnet is as it was when it came out of the factory... it even still has the funny glass fuel filter!

I plan to dump it on some white walls with a visor and venetian (done to death i know but will suit it).

Looks great parked up with my Panno :)post-3776-0-95253100-1316867506_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-58723800-1316867444_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-41244300-1316867400_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-71581700-1316867205_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-04266000-1316867178_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-41598900-1316867122_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-96627400-1316868081_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-97208900-1316868052_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-67526400-1316868016_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-03269100-1316867973_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-02115900-1316867856_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-93248500-1316867764_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-41654300-1316867799_thumb.jpgpost-3776-0-00630300-1316868154_thumb.jpg

Edited by mr04ag
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

This is so clean it's not funny.... Where did u find this??

Hi Jeri,

I have a panel shop in Albury and we've just started working with a paintless guy who quickly learned that i'm an old Toyota nut...

He also does a bit of work out of a storage shed in Wodonga (nearby) and it was in there, the owner mentioned he was going to move on some of the stuff in the shed and the beater thought of me and it happened from there.

It's had two registered owners, the original (Mrs Uera May Coleman from Wangaratta nearby) whose name is in the book, and the guy I bought it from who had owned it for the past 14 years and is a mechanic and enthusiast :) It was garaged by the first owner and stored by the second and rarely driven...

I've started polishing up the chrome today and it looks brand new again!!! the paint is a different story but i don't want to repaint because i'd rather have a clean original girl with some blemishes than a repainted one that could be hiding anything.

I grabbed it because it is so stupidly clean, you don't see cars this old this good very often anymore, but am waiting to hear about my garage extension and if it's too costly, or unachievable i'll be moving her on as I don't have space for long term storage for her. I'll be pretty sad if I have to sell her and will make sure she goes to a good home.

That is a nice example of an RT40, especially in that colour which suits it to a tee :)

Just a good cut and polish and wax and a wipe over the interior and its done. Will you

pull off the door cars and clean out the inside of the doors and spray a cavity wax or similiar in there? Just little preventative things in those old car trouble ares to keep

it looking proud.

Love the old numberplates too :blush:

That is a nice example of an RT40, especially in that colour which suits it to a tee :)

Just a good cut and polish and wax and a wipe over the interior and its done. Will you

pull off the door cars and clean out the inside of the doors and spray a cavity wax or similiar in there? Just little preventative things in those old car trouble ares to keep

it looking proud.

Love the old numberplates too :blush:

Thanks :) i like the colour too... it's actually a factory monocoat metallic... the metallic has gone to shit a bit on the roof and bonnet and boot but is still pretty respectable, it looks much better now that i've washed it, trying to decide how to tackle the duco, if i cut it i think it will ruin it as being a monocoat the metallic sits on top and will prolly all cut off... i'll prolly just leave it.

I don't think i'll pull the cards off and cav wax it, they've been there a very long time, they'd prolly all break when i pulled them off and then i'd have the shits. Haha. I might... see how bored i get this week with the mrs out of town. Still got plenty of chrome to polish though...

And those are the plates fitted to it from the dealership!!!

Dave

Edited by mr04ag

Monocoat metallic? What I like about Toyotas of this era were they actually had a seperate sticker in the engine bay Stating the brand of paint possibly Dulon, colour etc instead of a two letter code which followed later. Will you give the engine bay some love? I can see something a little too modern in there.... Hose clamps :blush: Toyota had a series of clamps it used on its cars, this type was correct to yours.

Keep up the good work, this complements the ke20 to a tee :y:

S5004527.jpg

That is incredibly awesome! Love that it still has the "Wangaratta Motors" sticker. Unreal!

Low, with walls, venetian and sunvisor may be done to death, but there is a reason.... cos it looks amazing and that shovel will look even amazinger and that's not even a real word.

Too cool.

Monocoat metallic? What I like about Toyotas of this era were they actually had a seperate sticker in the engine bay Stating the brand of paint possibly Dulon, colour etc instead of a two letter code which followed later. Will you give the engine bay some love? I can see something a little too modern in there.... Hose clamps :blush: Toyota had a series of clamps it used on its cars, this type was correct to yours.

Yeah, the Rona says Dulon silver blue, the KE20 is Dulon Safety Wattle, Haha.

I will prolly not give the old girl too much more love now... Finish polishing up her chrome and cleaning the trim and then i'll be selling her... I picked up another old Toyota today and it means i need to sell this girl, AND the 20.

But I will never sell my 26, Haha.

Low, with walls, venetian and sunvisor may be done to death, but there is a reason.... cos it looks amazing and that shovel will look even amazinger and that's not even a real word.

Too cool.

HAHAHAHA, amazinger. The car is really cool, and will look amazing with all the gear on it, but i prolly wont be the one to do it now that i'm selling it... i still might... depends on what sort of money i can sell it for... i think i overpaid for it when i bought it but couldn't say no cos it was so original... so i may over capatilise by getting a venetian and walls... but would REALLY like to see it done... decisions decisions...