Turning A Ra65 Celica Into A Machine

SkiDMaN

Heres my on going project i thought id post for all the people that don't know about it.

Various pics of install

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

after recieveing it back from the shops it was running on 5 cylinders and not holding a idle.... those problems have been fixed... now all thats left is exhaust, brakes, suspension and engineering

i have the brakes and suspension from the front cut (jza70) so this weekend will be the attempt of bolting up those brakes... and hopefully the strut tower to the silly car. exhaust goes on in 3 weeks and then 2 weeks later will be engineering... so yes... to all the people asking... it will be back on the road soon :D

ill keep posting on hear as the project progresses :D

Members dont see this ad

Looks... Like fun. Are you anticipating any problems with engineering? From what I've heard you can't run a surge tank in-cabin like what you've done, but I may be wrong. I'll bet you can't wait to "drive down to the shops" once it's on the road :D

battery is in the boot :D

prolly ganna make a box for the surge tank and fuel pump or get one professionaly made

made half of a tempory exhaust today.... its comin along nicely... get to go for my first real spin in it tommorow once the muffler is put on

can't wait!

laters

well i went for my first offical ride in the silly car.

first thing i noticed was the richness.... popping and blowing big flames... built the exhaust half way under the car... so i put some big bad ass burn marks on the under body :D

then i went for the first accel planting.... starts to pick up speed... "wheres the boost" *plants again*

still no boost.... at this time the jaw had dropped and we pulled up and played with the waste gates... still no boost.. friend says.... lets take the lines of the waste gate... i thought... well what the hell.... so we gave it a try... still no boost... by this time it was getting onto 5pm... getting dark and it was getting harder to see what we were doing... so we parked it.

started again this mornin after thinking on it over night... first thought was... take the cooler out and see if it was blocked... the turbos were spooling cause it was lettin gushes of air out of the bov when i let of... and the bov was before the cooler... so of came the cooler.. and there it is.... METAL SHAVINGS EVERYWHERE... *blinks a few times*

cut the story down a little... when they were making the cooler pipes... they didnt clean them out after cutting them... so i took all the pipes of... cleaned them... shook the cooler a bit and lots of crap was coming out... i decided on not putting it back together... and getting a new cooler or getten the cooler flushed out...

/rant

p.s. more to come in the mere future :D