Ke70 4Age Wont Start.

Alexrx7

thanks for help guys put the spark plug to block and theyre was decent spark. could it be the fuel pump relay or something because i am hardly getting any noise from the fuel pump and does the fuel pump relay have anything to do with the starter motor because now it wont even crank i just hear the click before hand.??? thanks

Members dont see this ad

Key "on" should power the fuel pump and coil setup. Key to "start" should send power to the solenoid sitting on top of the starter motor, which throws the starter gear into the flywheel ring gear and puts power to starter windings.

The "click" is the gear moving, but you're not getting power through the starter windings.

You should hear the fuel pump if you listen to it while someone else turns the key on after it has sat overnight.

Thanks Dave- so the computer runs that, it can obviously tell if the key is just 'on' or the motor is running.

Check the heavy starter leads too Alex, both to starter and earth return. If they are tight then either the solenoid contacts are burnt out or the starter brushes or windings.

yeah the computer has an output for fuel pump, which goes into a circuit opening relay.

which makes sure that if the engine stops, but ignition is still on, that the fuel pump stops.

so if you crash, you don't have a fuel pump going feeding a potential fire if ign is left on.

Cheers felas. Well i got an auto elecy to come over today he said i have no injector pulse most likely from a damaged ECU which he said most likely happened when i knocked the killswitch to the battery off. What type of ECU do a 4AGE 16V bigport motor have? any one want to sell one lol or know of someone that wants to? thanks again