E7 4 Spd Clutch Not Engaging

gt-ssrolla

the other week my friend was rallying around my old ke70 and did a couple of burnouts

and thought he had burnt the clutch out (goes into gear but no drive at all)

so we bought a new clutch pressure plate and installed it today , the one that was in in looked fine and still had about 3.5 mm on each side , put the new one in anyway and put it back together

there is still no engagement , you can hear it clunk into the gears but it just doesnt move it at all , there is a slight change of revs when releasing the pedal but its like it is still in neutral

anyone have any ideas as to why it wont go ?

Members dont see this ad

Put it in gear and with the hand brake on let the clutch out and have someone look under the car to see if the tail shaft is turning, you may have smashed your diff.

pretty sure the tail shaft doesnt move when in gear

could it be the thing that bolts the pressure plate to the flywheel not putting pressure on it

i doubt they managed to shear off the syncros to every gear , although another mate of mine has broken the 4th syncro and burnt out the clutch at the same time in a e7 before ,

Ok, you could also check that the speedo was working but not sure if you have one since it is a paddock basher.

Did you put the plate in the right way, have the flywheel surface checked? change the pressure plate? check to see if the input shaft was still intact?

Edited by Trev

Ok, you could also check that the speedo was working but not sure if you have one since it is a paddock basher.

Did you put the plate in the right way, have the flywheel surface checked? change the pressure plate? check to see if the input shaft was still intact?

can't really check if the speedo is workin cos it wont move unless i roll it down a hill ...

it was working before i took it there though

yeah plate is in the right way , didnt check the flywheel surface but i couldnt see anything abnormal (what should it look like ?)

i only changes the actual clutch disc not the whole thing

imput shaft looked fine

did you smash the box?

the gearbox I'm talking about :lol:

remove the pan and look for teeth

i havent smashed any box lately .... :(

i wasnt there when they actually broke it but i don't think there was anything in the box broken , they were doing burnouts then it just stopped gripping

i just got off the phone to dad and he thinks its the pressure plate thing that bolts to the flywheel has bit the dust (the teeth of it didnt move at all when removing or bolting it back up , he said they move inwards when removing and back when bolting back up )

so looks like I'm up for a new one , unless one of you guys have a spare one that you arnt using ?

When you have the box out, turn the input shaft while someone holds the driveshaft and see if Evan is correct. I wouldn't be surprised if he is... no teeth stripped, but a shaft snapped clean in half.

Ah no-

(the teeth of it didnt move at all when removing or bolting it back up , he said they move inwards when removing and back when bolting back up )

You have the problem there if they didn't flatten out. A new plate can't be much, the whole kit is only $70, clutch plate, pressure plate and release brg.

Edited by altezzaclub

When you have the box out, turn the input shaft while someone holds the driveshaft and see if Evan is correct. I wouldn't be surprised if he is... no teeth stripped, but a shaft snapped clean in half.

Ah no-

You have the problem there if they didn't flatten out. A new plate can't be much, the whole kit is only $70, clutch plate, pressure plate and release brg.

when i was moving the gear box around with the tailshaft unbolted from the carier bits the imput shaft was moving as well so i don't think its broken inside the box but i don't know

yeah thats what dad said , where can i get this $70 whole kit from , i just paid 80 for a clutch plate it was 130 or so for the whole kit where i got it from >|

thanks for your help guys

while you guys are here does anyone need some front pads or rear shoes i have a normal set and a pbr set of rear shoes , i also have a boss kit and "victor steering wheel" if theres any interest in them ?