Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will A Ae82 4A-C Fit In My Ae71??

Featured Replies

no you wont. slo-030 feel free to ring me on 1300FETGUCKED!

why when someone states that they have a problem with spelling do some people consistently harass them. I have no problem with you guys but get over it.

 

just don't read the thread if it bothers you that much.

  • Author

only on this site for info and to kill some time,i know my post are not crash hot.

thanks for the pepole that are abit layed back.

Curious to know how you go about doing this if you make the decision to, if you do, keep us posted. :y:

 

I'm a FWD kinda guy myself, sorry I can't be of more help in a RWD setup. One thing I would like to know is, if it's going to take a fair bit of mucking around to get the AE82 4AC in there, why not put that effort/funds into getting the 4AGE in there working? Or is the engine shagged?

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

Curious to know how you go about doing this if you make the decision to, if you do, keep us posted. :y:

 

I'm a FWD kinda guy myself, sorry I can't be of more help in a RWD setup. One thing I would like to know is, if it's going to take a fair bit of mucking around to get the AE82 4AC in there, why not put that effort/funds into getting the 4AGE in there working? Or is the engine shagged?

yeah thats the thing, the 4age in the car use to be running untill the last owner try to fit a haltech f9 into the mix.

all i know is the wiring is relly bad. the hardest part is finding a stock loom of a 4age 16 valve bigport.i have spent many many hrs on the nett! looking at threads,posts,pin outs so on and on,it relly don't look that bad to do, but i need a loom 1st. the one i have is missing plugs and yeah cut up relly bad.

I'm starting to thing its going to be a bigger job to fit a 4ac in to the car wen i have a 4age half wired in and all plumed up I'm even thinking about the new full haltech set up and fit it my self.

i like the idear of a stock ecu about 20 wires to hook up to have the motor running. from whot i have seen plug loom on to the motor then into the ecu then the rest id have to splice into the ecu id be happy to just get the motor running 1st then worry about gages and whot not.I'm just stuck and hard to fined parts!

yeah thats the thing, the 4age in the car use to be running untill the last owner try to fit a haltech f9 into the mix.

all i know is the wiring is relly bad. the hardest part is finding a stock loom of a 4age 16 valve bigport.i have spent many many hrs on the nett! looking at threads,posts,pin outs so on and on,it relly don't look that bad to do, but i need a loom 1st. the one i have is missing plugs and yeah cut up relly bad.

I'm starting to thing its going to be a bigger job to fit a 4ac in to the car wen i have a 4age half wired in and all plumed up I'm even thinking about the new full haltech set up and fit it my self.

i like the idear of a stock ecu about 20 wires to hook up to have the motor running. from whot i have seen plug loom on to the motor then into the ecu then the rest id have to splice into the ecu id be happy to just get the motor running 1st then worry about gages and whot not.I'm just stuck and hard to fined parts!

 

Eeeew, half-hacked wiring looms & other peoples messes! :( I may know of someone in Victoria I can ask if they have a bigport wiring loom & can put you in touch with if they do, what state are you based in? It does seem to make more sense to get the half-done 4AGE working rather than start from scratch with a (power-wise) inferior engine. Get the basic engine package running properly first, then worry about the added complications modifications will add into the mix. :yes:

  • Author

Eeeew, half-hacked wiring looms & other peoples messes! :( I may know of someone in Victoria I can ask if they have a bigport wiring loom & can put you in touch with if they do, what state are you based in? It does seem to make more sense to get the half-done 4AGE working rather than start from scratch with a (power-wise) inferior engine. Get the basic engine package running properly first, then worry about the added complications modifications will add into the mix. :yes:

yeah mate thats my thinking too, all the work wood be silly to go back.i have pm a few on hire and ebay but if your mate has a loom and it fits can you fined out a price.

allso I'm in nsw condobolin middle on no wear!

but yeah wen i get a loom and it plugs upto my motor it will make me wont to finish it all off!.

i have posted some threads on this site to fined out if i have a big port or small port 1.6 i can post the links up if you haven't seen them already. but I'm (we) are pretty sure i have a big port. thanks for your help its good to see your not a troll! lol :-)

I'll fire off a message & see what I can come back with, will let you know yay (& how much) or nay via PM when I hear back. Things may not happen straight away with finding bits but persistence & patience pays off. :y:

 

Yours was the engine with the yellow & red cam covers & the cut 'n shut manifold? I think Hiro's post regarding the intake/head matchup (amongst other points made) all but confirms it's a bigport.

 

P.S -

 

post-5437-0-87139400-1324211482_thumb.jpeg

 

:laff:

  • Author

thanks man your a dead set legend,yeah i have time lol no mad rush as the car has been sitting in car port for a munth so yeah.

yep thats the motor them covers will be sanded and painted wen i get car going. it looks like poop!wen i get a loom i will post pics along the way if the motor turns out to be ok. i will be getting a cheep turbo set up i have turbocharges my old mazda i can do things like fab ok. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfGLZHHUiuY&feature=autoplay&list=ULETA45BWyR4k&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=2

  • Author

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLFHKtYDZI&feature=autoplay&list=ULRfGLZHHUiuY&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=3 and thats the car on boost 1st 2nd then 3rd the beeb is woos cut in 3rd gear on about 15psi.

like i said as you can see i can turbo charge a motor ok, on the cheep side of things. but wiring arrr i run!

if things work out i will turbo the pink rolla, but my aim right now is to get car running and see how the motor is befor i even think about boost on a na motor will be 6psi max anyways.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.