Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3K-C 3K-H 4K-C Engine Build

Featured Replies

Hey guys tried to read up on these engines but haven't found any Info on what I'm thinking of doing I'm going to build an engine for my ke30 2door and I have a 3k-c 3k-h and 4k-c at my disposal

 

Basically ill be doing mild cam upgrade pistons upping the compression and i have redline manifold for a side draft

 

I'm unsure of 3k small and big ports and have seen people argue about putting them on 4k blocks or weather they are a good combination

 

I'm not going for earth shattering power I just love the old rollas just want to have some more get up and go

 

Any info is appreciated cheers

use the 4K...

 

Then remove the 3K's head get head faced valves cleaned up and slap it on 4K best combo.

 

Will also know condition of engine to then.

 

Head clean up on old 8 valve gear is dirt cheap to so ring around you should get a good deal pretty easily.

 

As for the head to use id go 3K-H I think not sure they don't have the shit house exhaust ports (casting differs on K heads here one is crap other good) so compair them pick the best.

 

Cheers

Cameron

  • Author

I was definately going to go the 4k but wasnt sure bout the whole head swap Thing

 

tried askin my boss cuz he's been working on cars since they had square wheels in the stone age but he diddnt know enough about the k motors he is more of a 253 308 commonwhore kinda guy

 

Gettin the head cleaned up is no biggy the bloke we use at work is doin it for me dirt cheap

 

But just out of curiosity why does the 3k head go better on a 4k than the original head

 

And thnks for the info much appreciated

there is less CC's ina 3K head so more compression so more go.

 

That is why I recomend a face not a skim but meassure it work out your compression ration you might want to skim it.

3K head, 4K block and you'll notice the power increase just from that.

 

Mild cam and carby and it'll move nicely for an old pushrod motor :)

 

Keep it simple.

Go for the 3K head in the best condition/with the biggest ports :) They're likely to be very similar. Working out CC's and compression would also be worth while.

  • Author

Ok just wasn't sure if the valve train was any different in the heads

 

Got everything but the carby can't find them on there own every one sells them with the manifold and I already have one

 

And simple is why I bought a ke no computer bullshit and so easy to work on

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.