Dedicated Ke70 Drifter?

B-B-Benne

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.......

or just drill out the 3 rivets holding the plate on and switch it to the other car, i mean who is gonna check the vin number to see if the mod plate is for that car?

and thinking, does anyone know, if you have a engineered car, and swap all the items covered in the mod plate over to the same model car, do u have to get it re-engineered or can u just get a new mod plate, for the other car..if that makes any sense

Rego here checks EVERYTHING on an engineered car, and they would notice the other chassis number, and yes if you swap everything over, it would still need to be tested, and re-engineered.

The body you took everything out of however, would remain engineered for that engine setup etc.

My cousin once bought a factory turbo 6 cylinder XD Falcon here in Canberra, then moved to townsville with it, and a guy came looking for it, as he wanted to build a turbo 6, and we told him where the body was, and he had it shipped back from townsville, to save himself the trouble of getting one engineered.

nick) that sounds awesome, i appreciate the invite, i'm well familiar with hinze...what time should i rock up?

love ke70) that is just wrong. when i first saw that lil fan sitting all the way back in the 'bay i thought is was a 12A or cappacino motor shoved through the firewall....but that...that's beyond messy...i don't think i could live with myself if i put a car through that...even a panel van...

hey if you need a ride down for the BBQ and back say the word...as i said, thats close...even in my crappy subaru...

btw guys if you click on the link i posted earlier you'll see a (T04?) hanging off the side of the 1ggte in its previous setup...still reckon you could go another frame size larger tho :wink:

Edited by B-B-Benne

thanks for the offer dude, but i just checked my roster, I'm working :D i so need to get my license and quit :D

i think i could twin charge the ol girl and run about 25 psi of boost...visit billzilla, but i think that at 17 and in a "snotty old corolla" its really a bit psychotic :wink:

Edited by love ke70

• 2 weeks later...

bah 1500 my ass!

i don't reckon a single will be cheaper, i paid 150 for the twins with manifold and top pipes, and it now looks like i don't even have to fabrivate anything to make it fit :harhar:

bill so far:

car 1300

turbos 150

intercooler 277

studs and nuts to replace exhaust bolts 11

i think I'm gonna blow my budget :dance:

hey benne just re-read thru this and realised you've added your plans, looks pretty good, i don't know too much about most of it, but one thing what struck me was how far back you planned to mount the engine, it may balance/wprk alright, but i wouldnt have though that puttin it that far back would be all that great for drift...my 2c :cool:

have you made any progress yet?

cheers mate

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

its been some time since my last post...i'm in warwick now...trying to sell my subaru so i can start this thing...i've been spending all my money makin the sube look a million bucks....seeing as i "bought" it for $200 i'm willing to put a bit in...i think i can get 5k for it now, no worries...its a 91 liberty sedan, gold, very clean...hasn't been thrashed at all (looks innocent)

i'm itching to get starting on this thing...it really sux when you have an idea like this cuz you want to be the first to do it properly...

just hope non of you mofos gets any ideas...

Ben

oh btw i might be reconsidering the engine for maximum drift potential....but don't flame me yet, i still think a 1UZ is a fantabulous idea...