January 4, 201214 yr comment_575381 OK guys I got my 4age and it seems all the electrical stuff is pretty well done. The only issue I have is I have put my tacho dash in and it doesnt work. I've had a hunt around but most of the threads I'm encountering are to do with after market tacho installs. Can I just run a wire from the (negative side?) of the dizzy to here bypassing the old loom and hope that the ground is still good. If the ground is bad does anyone know what wire in the old loom in that pic is the ground? Electrical, not my strong point. Cheers guys. Edited January 4, 201214 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
January 4, 201214 yr comment_575382 yea do that first but with a test wire. don't run it all professional and realise it doesnt work. Report
January 4, 201214 yr Author comment_575386 Cool. Will give it a go. Though I'd probably need to run a wire all pro at some stage though. Report
January 12, 201214 yr comment_577192 If that doesn't work, try this. If you look at the link, about 3/4 of way down the page, it lists the 18 pin socket pins. Pin 13 (white wire) is the engine speed signal. Connect this to your Tacho signal input on your dash. Check first that your ECU looks like the one shown.. and just do a test first to see if it will work before wiring it up all pro. http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/ECU%20Japan%20AE86%204A-GE.htm cheers. Report
January 14, 201214 yr comment_577630 plug into original loom, hook up the wires that went to the 4k coil, to your new coil. should work fine. Report
January 14, 201214 yr Author comment_577659 If that doesn't work, try this. If you look at the link, about 3/4 of way down the page, it lists the 18 pin socket pins. Pin 13 (white wire) is the engine speed signal. Connect this to your Tacho signal input on your dash. Check first that your ECU looks like the one shown.. and just do a test first to see if it will work before wiring it up all pro. http://www.club4ag.c...E86%204A-GE.htm cheers. Ahh cool ill give this a go while my dash is still out Report
January 14, 201214 yr Author comment_577663 Nah that didnt work, ill run it to the neg on my coil and see if that works. Edit : Yep worked sweet. Edited January 14, 201214 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now