Rt80 Corona 12R 5 Speed

glenpos

just gonna leave this here.....

first GSXR1100 carbs

started like this, i polished one top,

post-15067-0-82879500-1389264531_thumb.jpg

i then decided they looked discusting.... so i did this, painted in silver acrylic so should stand the heat, don't care though haha, was to hard to clean the black off so just painted it..

post-15067-0-28507900-1389264607_thumb.jpg

then decided to do this...

post-15067-0-48491000-1389264745_thumb.jpg

think it looks better, more detail.

post-15067-0-52893900-1389264861_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-14343400-1389264916_thumb.jpg

post-15067-0-60024400-1389264958_thumb.jpg

pulled the head off my spare motor, pulled the valves out and gave it a bit of a port job, gotta get a longer die grinder bit to get in deeper, or just buy a die grinder... gonna get rid if the massive valve guides thingamajigies too, then gonna just get a plate cut, then use my awesome new (second hand) mig to make a manifold, then gonna get the head shaved a bit too, should be sick, might take a few weeks though haha

Members dont see this ad

Looks awesome! I bet those carbs would fuel the fire better than the old ones lol, I wish i had a spares engine to work on, rather than the engine thats in it because my car gets used everyday :( But keep up the good work! And make sure to link us to a video if you get it running :) Sounds like quite a custom 12r to me :D Loving the work...

• 2 weeks later...

had a good score today, a few days ago i was at the servo, when i walked out some bloke called me over, he said he had a corona, and said it had its roof cut off but still had most parts, he said i could have it for free, so i went out for a look tonight, its a rt81, disc brakes and booster, perfect rear bumper, motor 4spd and diff, the nice rt81 grill in good nick, all lights, the rest of its pretty much farked but will just sit it in paddock for spares, then he showed us a few other cars, a hx ute, really straight, no rust holes or bubbles, just slight surface rust, running and drivable 220,000km, $300 :D then he showed us a hj 1 tonner, straight not much rust, started straight up after sitting for 6 months, $450, so getting both them too hahaha, hanging to pick it all up!! :y:

i already have one on my blue one, so gonna put it on my red one, i actually like the rt80 grill more, looks kinda looks like a plymouth front or something, i just think its kool, i also like the rt81 grill but no more than i like my grill haha, each to their own haha

i couldn't be bothered reading what i wrote above haha, but the grills don't fit, the rad support panel is different, and the rt81 mounts different near the guards, and they are different shape around the guards, and the bonnet trim is different

hey glen i think i nee to talk to you about sare parts. i'm chasing a drivers side rear door chrome strip for the rt81. mine is alright but slightly bent and it'd be a bit of cash to get it straight and sitting flush again. i think we need an 80/81 discussion thread!

haha, i'll have a look at what iv'e got, i'm keeping my dark blue one complete as i wanna do it up one day, don't think the light blue one i have has good ones, and the new ones farked, but i'll check my red one, might have a good one, i don't wanna get rid of all my parts though coz i might need them one day, i think i need a few more haha

haha i'm just buying everyone i see thats cheap, i plan to get everyone in vic haha, then aus, then i'll take over the world with my army of corona's :y:

Army of coronas ;) well you have what like 5 or 6? Looks like itll be an awesome collection regardless of what happens with them :y: This one needs the carbs put on the haha, can't wait to hear it going +1 for the 80/81 discussion thread!

Edited by Feral4K