Ke10, Ke15 Etc.. Brake Upgrade...

Brentivo

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...
look at a mitsubishi galant 3/4" non boosted dual circuit master cylinder. they will bolt straight up with a little filing.

my ke16 came with a subaru boosted m/cyl. bolt up. can't remember the m/cyl diameter off hand, would have to have a look.

thanks for that, thats my next mission.

Do you know if i can run that M/Cyl with the KE15 Disks for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

i think i put ke55 discs on the front of a ke10 once by using the 55 disc, caliper and backing plate, redrilled strut and tapped it out to suit larger bolts (or fill backing plate holes and redrill them if you want) ran a ke20 master cyl to upsize for the discs (ke 10 was drum) but had to modify those bracket thingys on the firewall to get it in flush, rear was a 55 diff so drums and stud patern were right, it stopped well enough for me

i have ke30 discs with Auto1 pads on the front of my ke15 with the standard master cylinder. stock rears. it will pull up in 30 meters from 100 kays. having pretty sticky A539 tyres helps alot.

for braking the stickiness of the tyres makes a huge difference. the size of the brakes determines how many stops you can do before the onset of brake fade.