Ke70 Project.

gtnickk

:harhar: Thanks peoples, i just saw it as an easy option, but not the way to go i guess.

Would a Webber 32/36 bolt straight on to the stock manifold?

I'm guessing that Pacemaker & Genie are brand names, so would they just be avail from exhaust shops ready to bolt on?

'Scuse the ignorance, I'm learning as I go.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No a webber 32-36 will not bolt onto a stock manifold you will need a adapter plate, redline make these to bolt on to your stock manifold. Genie, Pacemakers are brandnames. These are the best extractors for corolla engines.

Edited by gtnickk

the twin aisans aren't a bad setup when running right. they will give more grunt in the low to midrange than a 32/36 dgv weber, and have similar top end power.

twin aisans came out on ke15/17 sprinters, and some ke25 SL coupes, also they were on ke35 SR coupes. they were fitted to K-B and 3K-B engines. they give heaps more go compared to a single stock aisan on a modified engine.

SU's are nice all round carbs. probably down on top end compared to twin sidedraft webers by a few percent, but give better all round flexability, drivability and economy, SU's are better suited to a driver.

sidedraft webers are best suited to competition engines, where you are going flatout most of the time. dellortos are almost identical to sidedraft webers but have better designed progression circuits, so offer a little better drivability. with their fixed choke design, these type of carbs work best over a narrower powerband than other carb designs.

I'm guessing that Pacemaker & Genie are brand names, so would they just be avail from exhaust shops ready to bolt on?

'Scuse the ignorance, I'm learning as I go.

Well you should be able to get them your local exhaust shop, supplier and they should stock them if he dosent and can do it for you do a tuned length custom extractor. Bascally each length is the same promoting the same power this is the best route for making power, but like all things it comes with a price. :P

:P so much to procrastinate over....

Thanks guys.

I don't think there is a better source of information like this anywhere.

I think I'll save up some decent coin, & hopefully find some SUs & a manifold to suit, or the webber 32/36...

Ive decided that if I rush things & do it the cheap way, Ill regret it later, whereas if it takes extra time & coin to finish the project to 110% with all top end bits, itll be worth it.

Ive got some photos being developed today, will hopefully have some pics up soon in the projects.

Well time for a little update.

While i was preping my boot for my trick car audio install, i had noticed some rust nothing major. Well rust scares me and i don't like my car with rust. My rolla is my pride and joy and i take the upmost care for it. Thus nothing but the best for my car.

I have been meaning to get there car cleaned up professionally fo some time and this was the factor promoting it to first place.Te current status of the car would be about 97% rust free the only amount of rust any where is in the boot, and it is no bigger than a 50 cent piece hole. though when rust comes it dosent go away it just keeps coming. Thats why i wanted it fixed asap. So as of next week the car is getting driven to Mars smash repairs for some body work. I can't wait the car is going to look like new.:P

What interior mods have people done to the smick 70's apart from the obivious, ie Ae71 tacho dash and fuel and boot release.

Also fella's I'm upgrading my front seats which brands do you prefer and why, must be ADR approved. (I am not interested in bride,recaro,sparco seats as the are way to much for a ke70)

Any advice would be much appreciated. :y:

• 4 weeks later...

Well fella's quick update

My ke70 exhaust manifold finally died :D . So I quick drive up to my next door nieghbours, for a little power improving. The next day my car was fitted with Wildcat Extractors 4-1, 2inch pipe, 2 resonotors and a Walker/lukey exhaust with 3.5 inch dumpy tip.

I had to put two resonotors in otherwise the cops would have been on me like a rash. :y:

Sounds like a little rocket i would post pics but my damm cammera has died to so of to the shops.

Just i quick update in the k motor extractor market. Companys are starting to stop making extractors for the good ol k motor there just isnt enough demand.

Popular to current belief you can't get pacemakers, genie extractors any more for K motors.

You will only get these seconhand of ebay or classifieds etc:

What you can get

Wildcat a company owned and is a branch of "genie" "The best"

Hurricane but extremly expensive and not as good as Wildcat

Hitech a good brand

Goanna performance exhaust make them and is an Australian company

Cheap crappy stuff that isnt worth your money.

These are the brands that my Nextdoor Neighbour gets and trusts. He does not sell products which are cheap and nasty.If you are in the Tamworth Area and your exhaust dies or you want an upgrade Then call the Muffler Man on 0267623939 He is a great bloke and loves working on old school cars.

Edited by gtnickk