Track/drag Day

love ke70

hey guys, thought i might try get some feedback on an idea that popped into my head about 20 minutes ago.

*updating this thread to make it a bit more clear for first time lookers as half of whats written in this first post wont work, dam darlington being shut*

me and biggo wanna race at some time, and i know nick wants to see if my bogan 6 cylinder will beat him aswell :(

so i thought we may aswell do it properly

so am thinking of making our way out to a track and havin a good day...hopefully some track work, skidpan, and maybe drags, but the first 2 seem more appealing sooo....

so far ideas for location have been:

qld raceway...the giant paperclip :) although it has drag and track facilities but no good for poopy k motors :D

lakeside, if it ever opens again :wink:

Morgan Park, need to look into this place

mt cotton (skidpan and skills only)

Ipswich West Moreton Auto Club (dirt track 800 bucks to hire for a whole day)

so yeah that looks like about all the places, if you know of any others let us know and ill look into it

just wanna also know what sort of price people would be willing to pay?

was thinking mid-winter probably

just so mine and biggos, and everyones elses cars hopefully will be up and running for a while and all ironed out, and maybe even you nick ;).

so yeah basically, all you brisbane guys, if you r interested in showing what uve got put ur name up here and ill try get some more info if theres enough interest.

mods feel free to take this off my hands if I'm too much of a noob, but thought id look into this atleast, cheers, andrew

people interested at this point in time

love ke70 (andrew)

redwarf

irokin

miller

corolla kid

biggo

ae71neo

oh what a nissan feeling!

rjenman

foxtail

TOMsGPTurbo

Edited by love ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from all the noise it makes i don't think so, maybe it is? :)

i know the go-cart part of it still runs, and I'm pretty sure the bikes still go there

hmm

how long ago did u think they shut?

I'm fairly certain theyre still open now i think about it

It was super expensive anyway or so Ive been told by a formula ford driver.

Try Morgan Park. Ive heard the owners are a bit of a pain but its worth a shot.

Otherwise we could all get together and go to a sprints afternoon at the giant paperclip (aka QLD raceway)

oh ok, i will look into some places in the new year, any other suggestions, and anyone interested post up here, ill make a list

so, so far people interested are?:

redwarf?

nick

irokin

miller

lets try get this happening and make a real day of it

oh and btw, down with the paperclip :) and ill keep this list updated in the first post :(

Edited by love ke70

ooh that will be fun! too bad it wont be done anytime soon :(

i just called total driver they are now operating out of qld raceway, and do "your car our track" half days for $99 or full days for $165 per car, as few or as many people as we want or they do an all day sprint day for $165 with no minimum on either of those

or they do a skid pan course for $79 with minimum of 20 people

ill do some more ringing around at some stage to see what other places do as these prices seem a bit steep, they are looking to relocate to lakeside raceway at somestage and the application is with council.

more info to come :)

awesome, hope to try and get plenty there, maybe ill try find out if anyone works through lakeside atm, but if not maybe wait til total driver move there, this is gonna be awesome :wink:

so what would you guys want?

track?

drag? or,

skidpan?

or????

or all of the above?

cheers