Lpg On 7Agte

shayden

heyy all ive bein hunting around trying to set up my fuel and ign. for my corolla, its bein the biggest headʞ©$ɟ!! mind my language.

A mate mate converted his xf to run straight gas as its turbo... he rekons its alot smoother n alot more powerful on jus gas.. just wanted to see if anyone has tried this on the 4a or 7a turbos...

and how wuld i do the mechanical or vac for the dizzyy as ther will be no ecu..

thanks shayden

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still going to use the carb?? I don't suppose there is any need to except to utilise the throttle body.

The only unit I've had experience with was on rob83KE70's Dyna, and he had an evaporator and pressure diaphram feeding into the carb. Send him a PM or email & have a chat.

With the turbo you need one of the vac diaphrams with two lines to it, one from before the throttle and one from after it, so you are still reading the pressure difference across the throttle plate. In the end its easiest to take the vac off and run just on mechanical advance.

I wouldn't know, but you will need to compensate for the varying inlet pressure as you pump the gas in.

I'm not sure what pressure the gas will be delivered at, but say its only 20psi.... That gives you a certain flow rate when it is going in at say, 2000rpm cruise, but when you are cruising at 3000rpm it might be pushing in against 7psi. That will cut down the flow rate of gas and lean it out.

So you will need to add your boost pressure to the back of the gas flow somehow. Its the same problem as boosting on a carb, if you don't enclose it in a box you will blow the fuel backwards up the jets.

If the gas goes in at 60psi, then 10psi of boost won't be so crucial. Looks like there is a lot of research to do.

ok soo i asked a couple questions answers i got..

1. Research easier to tune and cheaper but injected will produce more power not much though I'd say in the 10%, also with injected you will need to run a ecu for pulse just like petrol.

2. You control the amount of gas by hooking a line to the front of the converter to the front of the turbo housing to open the converter to produce as much gas and to control gas flow you control that by the mixture screw on the gas hat or mixer.

3.gas with a correct tune on your car would be wicked add a turbo and it gets better, as the motor does less work which increases economy.

4. Go vac easier again to tune and you run a boost retard unit which pushes boost into the dizzy and retards only under boost which then advances under normal load so you get good power off and on boost.

5.tuning not hard its just listen for ping then back off.

6. Just get hardened valves which are gas valves and if you really want them to last you Can get something called a Lucas drip system which drops small amounts of oil into the throttle and lubes your valves.

• 3 weeks later...

Gas Research Australia is the way to go.

i was running a setup on my 1g ke70, and it had so much power and was a weapon to drive, was about the only thing that never gave me real issues on the car.

ive got the convertor and throttle body here still if you were interested in it.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/arowland2/spare%20parts/GRA%20and%20te72%20struts/

cheers, andy