84Co-Rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought it all from a paint shop, like Resene or something.

All up the paint job was around $200 including rollers etc. Took a weekend to paint. Id start on one corner and work my way around and I circled the car a few times gave it about 3 coats all up. There were some roller marks on the roof but they could of been wet sanded out.

Next time Ill roll the primer too. So easy and so much less mess. You can wet sand between coats and make it pretty m int too. Just takes ages to harden.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

yeh sweet man, ill look into it more tommorow or sunday!

instead of 2 pac you think i could just use enamel paint or would it be better using 2 pac?

yeh less taping up as well like around the windows and shit ahah, and you gave it just a loght sand before applying paint?

the paint store recommended 2-pac to roll.

sanded and used paint prep degreaser stuff and got it as clean and dust free as possible then went at it.

I removed all the lights bumpers etc but most of it was just one bit of tape on the edges of windows. Just gotta make sure you have some thinners on standby in case you drip some where you don't want it.

Take your time, thin the paint properly and it can turn out pretty good.

No idea how it'd go with a gloss paint. Id assume there would be a lot of wet sanding.

the paint shop will give you all that info, can't remember off the top of my head.

They will flatten the paint for you too so all you need to add is hardener and thinners.

if you take your time and have access to an old panel you could test ratios of thinner to get it perfect, I just went for it. (i am very lazy)

I did a lot of research before I did it, have a Google there is a lot of info out there. Wish I had taken my time and done it better.

You'd probably be able to roll it straight onto your original paint with a sand first.

Remember, once its done and if you don't like it it'd be a bitch to reverse.

Yeh I'll do some more research and goto my local paint store and talk to them about it more and see what they recomend, ill also take my time cause i don't like to stuff things up hah just makes me angry and give up, but thanks for your help mate!

Hopefully I'll update here in s couple of days withe some info and a colour choice!

• 2 weeks later...

havent done too much on this lately besides a tune, runs and idles much better

also gave it a polish but some paint is rubbing off so will have to touch up some parts

can i stretch 165 wide tyres onto rims that previously had 175 wide tyres on?