Corona V8 Conversion

adam n candi

hey i no its not a rolla but ive just bought an xt130 and am going to do a v8 conversion either do it as a sleeper or a drifter just curious if anyone else has done or knows of anyone who has just curious to see some pics and quizz them on what they had to do to enginer it

any help would be much apreciated

cheers adam

Members dont see this ad

from what i have heard as of late it goes on the weight of the car. if the car is under 1100kg, multiply the weight by 2.5 and thats your engine capacity. if it weighs over 1100 you multiply the weight by 4. for example my rt118 corona wagon weighs in at 1260kg curb weight, which means i can bolt anything up to approximately 5.0 litre. and from memory if you want to turbocharge or supercharge, you have to multiply the engine capacity of the motor you want to put in by 1.8....methinks?

interior? Interior is light blue. Dash has been re-trimmed in light blue velour.

You are welcome to come and pick whatever you want off it, or you can have the whole car if you want. It doesn't roll tho, as I have removed the front struts. I have also taken the chrome bumpers to go on my KE70.

Make it soon tho, as i need this car gone from my yard within 2 weeks...

What version XT you got? (there are 2 types, early and late) XT130 or XT130e? (differant front end, bumpers(chrome vs black plastic) and tailights)

This one is a 1980 XT130e, which is the better looking of the 2.

Anyway, FREE PARTS! Come get!

JoJo - 0424 721 655

Edited by J Riftin

What is the fit like with that?? Do you have to shorten them?

yeah, you take off the end caps and cut the bar both sides, measured to fit, put end caps back on. There is then a bit of stuffing around making a bracket to fit to the car, but it beats paying $300+..

Not all XT130s have chrome bumpers ...

Edited by J Riftin