My Ro11A

switch-

Hey guys,

Just picked up my ro11a yesterday off a forum member.. You have probably seen it advertised.

Anyways at the moment its standard 3k 4 speed, my plans are the following.

5 speed box (ASAP if your in SE melbourne and have a decent one let me know)

I have a 5k sitting at home that will go in. It has head work and cam already done will try get webber etc. Car already has extractors and an exhaust system so thats good.

Fix the small amount of rust around the car (respray in the future)

JDM fender mirrors

find a front splitter for front bar in black

General tidy up

Here is some pics

post-15845-0-64935200-1332631223_thumb.jpg

post-15845-0-40894800-1332631233_thumb.jpg

post-15845-0-22546000-1332631248_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Thanks man.

Update just gave the front a quick spray of white as it was looking horrid... looks much better ill chuck some photos up soon.

Also had a look at the 5K I have at home. ATM its in a KE70 panelvan (T18) i think its called... so will have to pull that out.. Start that very soon. Ill take some photos

The panelvan also has a 5 speed box attached to the 5k but it was making noises in all gears think it needs a rebuild. Not sure weather i wanna attempt that or not.

Cheers

Grant

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've updated this so thought I'd throw something up.

As some or all of you know i bought a KE55 from a member here that had no rust and fresh paint, with the intentions of converting some stuff from my KE30 over as the 30 is rusting bad. I then got a bit "over" the project and just tried to sell the lot. For whatever reason no one wanted to buy the cars... so now ive decided to keep them and continue with my original idea.

Found some motivation lately and did a fair bit of work to the KE55 over the last week. Here is a list of what needs to be done.. and what has been done.

Swap in 5K and 5Speed - In progress

Swap in Steering Rack (due to not having key and being siezed) - Completed

Swap in Door locks - Boot completed, doors in progress

Swap front and rear KE30 bumpers - Completed ( person had put weird non corolla bars on that looked shit)

Swap rear tail lights KE30 - Completed

Swap Globe rims - Completed

Spray behind grill

Window Tint - In progress

Lower car - In progress

Jdm Mirrors - In progress ( anyone have some for sale?)

Chin Spoiler - In progress ( anyone have some for sale?)

Probably some more things i need to do but can't think of them.

Heres a pic of what she looks like now.

post-15845-0-79008000-1383696268_thumb.jpgpost-15845-0-33820000-1383696272_thumb.jpg

I got mine from the UK too. They are pretty good for the price, made of plastic so are pretty durable. Very quick delivery considering its the other side of the planet. I have bought two now. I would have sold you mine but I think its spoken for.

Really do like the 55's with the square lights, car looks cool :y:

Damnit lol whatever he is paying ill beat it :)

I am proud to say if I tell someone a product is theirs for a price, then its theirs as long as they stick to the terms. If he doesnt buy it I already have a 2nd. But seriously I think mine took less time to get here than some shit from Malyasia that I ordered over a week prior. If you order tonight it could be there asap.

Haha fair enough.

So at the moment I'm waiting on some good consistent weather to start pulling out the 5k and box from the old KE30 including the exhaust.

At my parents place we have a massive shed however my Father is using it at the moment on his Pajero head rebuild.. so the shed is a no go for alteast another month or 2.

I'm thinking that weather permitting I will be able to get the engine out on the lawn with the help of some stands and the engine crane.

Once ive done that ill do the same to the KE55 removing the 4KC and 4 speed.

I have sooo many spare parts.. 2 engines 2 K40's carbies, starters, alternators, you name it.

cheers