Ke55 Fuel Guage Problems

Trent-KE30

Hey guys, i'am trying to get my KE55 roadworthy, couple of little things that need to be done,

- First of all is the fuel gauge, it doesn't move at all, i have checked the gauge itself and tested my KE30 one in there and it still doesn't work, i then checked the sender unit and took off the plug going to it, cleaned it and still won't work, can anyone else think of anything else?

Lastly i took off some of the emission shit, will they knock that back for not being there?

Thanks

Trent

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have u traced all the wires to make sure they are all connected?

just gets lots of spagetti and string it around with a few vsv's and one way valves and all ends plugged into each other, theyll have no dramas with that :harhar:

just make sure it looks like its all there, most of them don't know what or how much should be there anyway, goodluck mate

and why do u have to have a fuel gauge?

hmm, i spent a coupla hours setting mine up properly according to the diagram and it smoothed her out alot

and you may find the difference between the 2 motors is not related to the emissions crap, i have 2 and one is alot better than the other, most of these motors have done alota k's and it depends on what sorta work has been done to them in this time :harhar:

Hey, yeah just another Question on the fuel guage,

On my ke55 the temp an fuel guage isn' workin.

The actual needles works upon sending current through both.

Apart from the float in the tank being the problem Ive hered that it can be the 10v converter behind the cluster, is this true?

Any ideas?

Sounds like my problem, i'am pretty sure mine was working when i got the car, anyway I'm getting another KE55 cluster soon, hope that was the problem,

Dolzz check the temperature guage clip thingy near the thermostat, they can sometimes come loose, mine was and it seemed to have cured it now,

Let me know how you go,

Trent

Dolz, sounds like you've got the same problem i've got on my KE30. I got my whole speedo fron the wreckers. It may have been from a KE55. Either way i can't check, I was there today and the was crushed. I made my current speedo out of that one and the original cause the original's speedo needle kept slipping and telling the wrong speed and my clock was broken.

Does your Temp Guage and Fuel Guage kick in every now and then?? I find its the lagre, white, round connection behind bothe guages. I usually stick my arm under the dash and give it a jiggle while driving and it kicks in.

I'm looking at hopefully Getting a third Speedo when i get my new dash recovered.

Anyway, Good luck.

JiP_01

~Here's a pic of what my speedo was like~

post-1158-1138015041_thumb.jpg