Fuel In The Oil + Much Unburned Fuel Out Of Exsost

Hi, I have a problem with my 95 corolla. The first problem is that it's smelling fuel from the oil when I'm checking the oil level.

And also it's coming too much unburned fuel from the exsost, when I'm giving just a little throttle, and let the gas pedal go back, then the exsost start peeing, it's not like a few drops, it's alot, why? the exsost is ''peeing'' in almost 2 seconds, then it stops....

Benny

Members dont see this ad

Catch as much of the "fuel" out of the exhaust as you can, and put it in a sealed little jar, a test tube would be better. If you can finally get say, 10cc or 20cc, let it sit for a day and then look at it carefully before you pour it onto a sheet of paper. Then set fire to it... I reckon it will be water.

• Upvote 1

Fuel always gets into the oil and dilutes it, so its not good for it. When you go on a long drive for a day the motor always burns a lot of oil, but when you drive back it doesn't. That's the fuel and water getting burnt out by the higher constant temperatures.

The best thing would be to calculate the fuel consumption in litres/100km and see how it compares to factory figures. Fill it up and zero the trip meter until you fill it up again when its empty. Should run around 7.5-8.5L/100km, depending on how short the runs are and what the traffic is like.

Also check the spark plugs and see how black they are. Cruise at 90kph for a while, then push the clutch in and turn it off immediately, so you are looking at the plugs as they were at 90kph, not idle. Then check a plug some other time after slow-speed driving and idling.

Ok, I'm not going to have the car for more that 1-2 years, but I want to find an easy and cheap solution so that I can earn from it. But I have bought alot of parts latley for this car, so I got nothing of the budget left right now. But Will it be enough for a while just to change oil? And how long will that be good?

Well, assuming your car is the same as mine, I change oil once a year, although it doesn't do a lot of Km. Make sure you have the PCV connected up and working, as that sucks the water vapour and fuel fumes from inside the motor and burns them. I was quite careful to hook it all up correctly on my twin-SU conversion, and I think a lot of guys ignore it.

You will only know if you are pouring petrol in there when you do the L/100km check. If you are using heaps of gas then it will be time to look at the float level in the carb. The plugs will also be black if it is running rich. Quite likely there is nothing wrong with it at all.

What parts have you been putting on?

I'm going to drive it soon, but It got no lisence plates u see... But I'm going to drive it around in the neightborhood. I have just let it run warm, and when it's getting warmed up, it's nothing else than smoke coming out of the eksost pipe. But I took out the sparking plugs, cleand them, and putted them back in, but now it's coming a ticking sound somewhere. I don't know what it is, it's not from the plug cabels, because I have checked that their sitting correct and it is... I have tried to upload a video here about it, but it says that I'm not permitted to do so.

Well, assuming your car is the same as mine, I change oil once a year, although it doesn't do a lot of Km. Make sure you have the PCV connected up and working, as that sucks the water vapour and fuel fumes from inside the motor and burns them. I was quite careful to hook it all up correctly on my twin-SU conversion, and I think a lot of guys ignore it.

You will only know if you are pouring petrol in there when you do the L/100km check. If you are using heaps of gas then it will be time to look at the float level in the carb. The plugs will also be black if it is running rich. Quite likely there is nothing wrong with it at all.

What parts have you been putting on?

I have not done anything with the plugs, just changed the timing belt, and I took out the sparking plugs and removed some soot from them.

• 2 weeks later...