7Mge With T5 Gearbox

16bitcelica

What I want to do is put the 7mge from my mx83 into my mx73 which I can do easily,

but I would like to put a ford 5speed in instead of a w58/r154 also I don't really have the money to get a r154 lol.

What I would like help with is what would I need to put the T5 into my mx73?

What I've got is the T5 & a exedy HD clutch and the pedal box that the T5 came out of.

Members dont see this ad

Just cause you have something isn't always a good idea to use it man, put the t5 back into the falcon and use another W series box I.e w55 or 57 from a hilux/Celica, plus I'm very sure the cressy's will use a hydraulic clutch which is a lot less mucking around then making a cable clutch setup work

You would need to find someone to make a bellhousing for it either using the t5 bellhousing then cutting it and welding it to a w series bellhousing or vice versa.... Save some coin and get a w box soooo much less work involved, or sell the t5 setup to someone looking for a manual conversion for their ea-el falcon and make some money to put towards the cressida manual conversion

Also why do you want to use a 7m in an mx73 when a j motor will go in just as easily?

Just cause you have something isn't always a good idea to use it man, put the t5 back into the falcon and use another W series box I.e w55 or 57 from a hilux/Celica, plus I'm very sure the cressy's will use a hydraulic clutch which is a lot less mucking around then making a cable clutch setup work

You would need to find someone to make a bellhousing for it either using the t5 bellhousing then cutting it and welding it to a w series bellhousing or vice versa.... Save some coin and get a w box soooo much less work involved, or sell the t5 setup to someone looking for a manual conversion for their ea-el falcon and make some money to put towards the cressida manual conversion

Also why do you want to use a 7m in an mx73 when a j motor will go in just as easily?

Cheers for the input mate, you've got a decent point lol.

7m is coming out of my mx83 and I'm turning that into a slider with a 1j and thought instead of scrapping the 7m just put it in my mx73 :)

me and a mate of mine manualed an MX83.

The MX73 is easier again.

clutch pedal and master from an *A6* celica supra bolts up (it even has the holes pre-drilled to suit) and M-W5* bellhousings are friggin everywhere. any M manual will have a bellhousing you can use, since they are ALL interchangable.

Sell the T5, do the W conversion, and have change left over... 5M flywheel and clutch work fine, but for less than $1500, my mate and I did custom 1 piece tailshaft, custom heavy duty clutch and all conversion gear...