Ke Dash

KE30Coupe

I have totally stuffed my KE30 dash in a failed attempt to customise it. I do have access to a KE55 dash for a small fee so my question is will it fit in the KE30?

It looks pretty much the same size but before I part with some hard earned I would like to know if anyone has done it or in fact if they are interchangable with minimum fuss.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

I would assume that the two are interchangable. However I believe the KE55 has a different design/layout to the KE30.

Just depends which layout you like better.

The first Pic is a KE55 Dash.

The second Pic is my KE30 dash.

post-336-1137295864_thumb.jpg

post-336-1137295882_thumb.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

My KE35 has what is known as a KE55 dash in it....My KE30 has what is known as a KE30 dash in it, my mates KE30 has what is known as a KE55 dash in it....My KE35 and my KE30 are the same year AND month as each other...I don't know if someone put a "KE55" dash in my 35 or what, but my mates KE30 is a 3 owner car, and I believe it's factory.

I have put a KE50 dash into a KE55 I had...KE50 dash's are weird, have a look at KE50's white beast to see the dash..and it didn't fit real well, but I got everything to work...there was just a few gaps around the edges, and I had to modify some of the mounting points.

I am going to change my KE30 dash to the one out of the KE55 coupe I have here...so I hope it can be done...and if it can't I'll make it :P

The KE30 and KE55 instrument clusters however are different, and have different plugs (which can be changed) so you may want to use the KE30 instrument cluster in the KE55 dash, I am 99% sure they screw in the same.

Let us know how you go, and you can give me some tips for mine :y:

I'm as confused as hell now......the ke30 has the so called 55 dash in it and the 55 next to it has the so called 30 dash in it. Unfortunately someone hacked it to bits so was unuseable. The 55 dash in the 30 wont fit into my 30 which has the 30 dash in it as the mounting points look totally different. :P

I'm starting to think the dash's are more to do with whether or not they are upmarket models rather than car models as I found another 30 with the 55 dash in it.

:y:

I think I'll just try and resurrect my current dash........less confusing

Its not the part where the dials are thats stuffed.......well that is stuffed as well but fixable, its the rest thats buggered.

There was cracks and splits and holes all over the dash so I thought it would be a good idea to pull all the vinyl and foam off it and recover it........unfortunately its not as easy as I first thought so I was just gonna buy a second hand one and throw a dash cover over it. Now that plan is working out harder than I thought as well :P

There is nothing left of my dash except for the plastic frame.....all the vinyl and foam is gone from it. So if your dash has one piece of vinyl then it is in better shape than mine :P

The issue would be getting it down from Canberra to Melb at minimum cost. My cash reserve is looking increadably thin at the moment due to ever increasing costs..........damn cars costing money.

That first pic is my car and its a standard ke30 dash all ke30s after 76/77 had the silver background they are identical to KE55 dashes,

Early KE30's had a standard black dash and doesn't cover the whole area, there is a seperate bit of plastic for the radio,

Trust me i have a early Ke30 and a late ke30 and a ke55

Cheers Trent

Also might i add KE55 Instrument clusters do have the same plugs as KE30 ones as i tried one about 10 minutes ago and they are identical except late KE55's have a blueish background and bolder text,

Ps i just brought a brand spanking new KE30 instrument cluster off ebay for $30, the odometer reads "00000" and its got a tripmeter, it even came in the original Toyota parts box :cool:,

Edited by Trent-KE30

That first pic is my car and its a standard ke30 dash all ke30s after 76/77 had the silver background they are identical to KE55 dashes,

Early KE30's had a standard black dash and doesn't cover the whole area, there is a seperate bit of plastic for the radio,

Trust me i have a early Ke30 and a late ke30 and a ke55

Cheers Trent

My 4 door KE30 is a 1977 model, and it has the same dash as the right one in Kangaroosa's pic, the same as in his 1974 KE30, which is known as an early model KE30 dash, so no...not all 76/77 onward had the (what is known as) KE55 dash's in them. And the KE55 dash's have different wiring, speedo's that go to 180 instead of 160, and raised numbers on the guages, as opposed to the KE30's flat printed guages.

Trust ME I have owned 40+ KE30 and KE55 corolla's of varying years.

Also might i add KE55 Instrument clusters do have the same plugs as KE30 ones as i tried one about 10 minutes ago and they are identical except late KE55's have a blueish background and bolder text,

Ps i just brought a brand spanking new KE30 instrument cluster off ebay for $30, the odometer reads "00000" and its got a tripmeter, it even came in the original Toyota parts box :cool:,

They have the same physical plug, but the wiring configuration is completely different, which can be changed. When you try to plug a KE55 one into a KE30 dash, weird shit happens, like the oil light lights up instead of an indicator etc.