Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

She Wrecked My Ke10!

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

I had a lady try to drive over my KE10 yesterday...she got a ticket, but now I need to find out if anywhere in the world is there a KE10 front cap.

 

The main needs are the lower valance panel, front bumper, turn signal, headlight ring, the reflectors and left front fender and chrome. The inner wall/frame is a bit tweaked, hopefully fixable. I know this is asking a lot but I need to try and get some costs worked up. I know the insurance people are going to try and give me $500 and call the car totaled, I've been through this before.

 

My thoughts are that there has to be a state minimum of $25,000 property damage coverage... and if it takes them $25,000 to put my car back like I had it, that's what they are going to do....or they can buy me a brand new Corolla or give me the cash equivilant. I had just gotten this thing back in order, new engine and all ancillaries, tires, brakes, tie rods, u joints...it gets 45 mpg when I cruise it...haven't even gotten a whole month out of it....had a car show lined up for this weekend...(wonder if they have a wrecked antique class). Nobody even makes a car that will do this good anymore or be so easy to work on

I'll need to first see if I can find parts and then see what shipping will be here to the states. I'm looking around here too but there seems to be quite a few more still around down there.

How does an insurance company put a value on an irreplaceable antique in near perfect working order...about all that was left to do was paint, seats and headliner.

Thanks for any help.

 

Crying in Arkansas....my poor little car of 27 years, my first car, countless hours of work, blood, sweat and tears.

Pics of said ke?

 

Most places will just write it off and give you just under market value for the car, specially if the rails have been moved, here in aus anyways, (at a guess i'm nit sure as I havn't had much to do with insurance companies and being crashed into)

  • Author

Well I may be wrong but i think if it was my insurance they could write it off, but being her fault and her insurance they can offer to write it off but I will refuse. Then we end up in court...how do you put a value on something that around here is pretty much irreplaceable and antique? What usually happens is a dollar amount based on parts and labor...(they can't get parts, it will take a whole lot of labor to straighten these crumpled parts but it can be done, I've done it). I'll have to hunt down pieces and get them shipped. They need to pay me to put it back like it was...we have frame machines, finding someone who actually does bodywork, for estimates, might be tough, most places if they can't get replacement panels don't want to bother with it.

Very sad to hear mate :( I've seen a wagon on eBay for sale in the states that is really good condition n perfect for parts for u or even upgrade to a ke16

It's strange that you say that we have more parts in Australia. Well we might have more parts but I found some of the harder to get parts in the US (all my badges). Also, we have a couple suppliers on here (A FC3S and KE10Baby) out of Malaysia with genuine NOS Toyota parts.

 

Ebay is your friend!! I found lots of parts on Ebay, takes some waiting but they do come up.

 

I have a grill that is in OK condition but you should be able to find better in the US. All the Chrome parts should be repairable at a bumper/ chrome plate shop?

 

Keep us posted, would love to hear that this gets fixed!

  • Author

Thanks all...i just have to wait til I see what happens with the insurance first...KEep em Rollin

  • Author

It's strange that you say that we have more parts in Australia. Well we might have more parts but I found some of the harder to get parts in the US (all my badges). Also, we have a couple suppliers on here (A FC3S and KE10Baby) out of Malaysia with genuine NOS Toyota parts.

 

Ebay is your friend!! I found lots of parts on Ebay, takes some waiting but they do come up.

 

I have a grill that is in OK condition but you should be able to find better in the US. All the Chrome parts should be repairable at a bumper/ chrome plate shop?

 

Keep us posted, would love to hear that this gets fixed!

My grill seems to have been spared as well as the chrome headlight ring, and the Corolla badge. The chrome fender piece is pretty badly twisted and the bumper was twisted all the way behind the tire. But yeah, I'm seem to be having better luck finding people with body parts down there, the shipping is ridiculous though...Size of a couple o fenders in a box...$1000 or more to ship UPS...I'm checking around.
  • Author

Pics of said ke?

in my gallery....don't have pics of the crunch yet....on someone else's camera
  • Author

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Edited by CorollaNut69

so sad mate.....

 

she was looking sweet

Edited by philbey
removed unecessary double up of photos

mate unfortunate as it is, I would have to say you came off much better than it sounded like from your first post. Definitely a recoverable repair.

 

If you can get a front fender and a new (aussie spec) bumper, you're 70% there.

 

You want aussie bumpers, they don't have the ugly overriders on them

  • Author

mate unfortunate as it is, I would have to say you came off much better than it sounded like from your first post. Definitely a recoverable repair.

 

If you can get a front fender and a new (aussie spec) bumper, you're 70% there.

 

You want aussie bumpers, they don't have the ugly overriders on them

Well the shipping is whats gonna kill me...already had a couple of offers of parts...box big enough for a fender or a bumper...estimated UPS from Melbourne to Arkansas...$1000 or up depending on method...

There's supposed to be an adjuster on the way to look at it, I'm going to see what he says it's worth, They probably can't find parts themselves and aren't going to go to the trouble of searching like I have, but parts, labor, shipping and all is looking to me to be in the $5000 range. They will choke and say the car's not worth that much. I will tell them that not only is it becoming a very rare antique being a 69....Not to mention brand new engine and everything on it, new shocks, struts, u joints, etc...mechanically a new car....but according to the Toyota museum site...the 69 is the second generation...one place says it's first generation and the 70 is second generation...according to the parts guy at the local toyota shop this is an Early model 69, exactly the same as the 68 first year in US...after March of 69 they made the Late 69...with small differences like the 70....So this is an Early 69 First generation, last of the First generation made. Regardless, they need to return me to where I was.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.