Adding A Brake Booster

irokin

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

get your brakes bled properly, or get a bigger MC

you can fit remote booster kits, ask a brake shop about these or go googling

if you want an inline booster you'll have to f@$k around with pedal mounts and pushrod positioning and bolt spacing, the easiness of which all depends on wether or not you have someone with a welder and some metal skills close by

but i would start with a proper brake bleed. loke by a proper brake shop. if your lines are rusty get them made up, make sure your discs and drums are within spec and youve got enough meat on the pads and shoes

none of us have problems with even ke70 brakes and just a stock MC, so i suspect the weakness in your system lies elsewhere

would NOT be surprised it the lines are shitty....until i can get ALL the lines replaced (the pads are fine..replaced them less than 2 months ago) ive adopted a double pump breaking method....basically I grab fluid then quickly release and re-apply grabbing more fluid making it heaps easier to break...but thats when I'm fangin

• 1 month later...

In a KE20 there's not much point. The best thing you can do is put a better brake master cylinder in. I currently run a Suzuki Swift one, but am about to put an RX2 one in, to see how that goes. If you can lock up your brakes fairly easily, you don't need a booster. That's the beauty of a car that weighs bugger all!

Cheers

R

P.S: Apologies for sounding like a smart arse!