Car Storage

Onikage

I am toying the idea of purchasing another vehicle in the coming months, however I do not have sufficient space to keep it 'off street' at my current residence, so I would be looking to store it offsite.

Off street parking/storage is a must. Ideally, I would want to hire a garage/shed so I can keep the car safe from the elements, and from unsavory people, hiring a parking space in a parking lot may also work, or even a storage facility, but I am not really keen on the latter two as working on the car would either be very difficult, or even prohibited.

I assume a few of you have cars stored off your residence, what sort of 'storage' do you use, what sort of monthly rates do you pay, and how did you end up finding the place?

Edited by Onikage

Members dont see this ad

I rent a storage unit where they are ok with me working on my cars there.

It costs me $100 per week but it is big for those dollars. It could hold 4 cars if it weren't for all my parts.

Perhaps try storage places in semi industrial areas and the like they are usually more flexible with this issue. Mine is unusual in that it is in the.city but they allow it

You need more mates with big backyards.

Sadly none I know have spare undercover area, any present rust on the car would love the exposure to rain.

I rent a storage unit where they are ok with me working on my cars there.

It costs me $100 per week but it is big for those dollars. It could hold 4 cars if it weren't for all my parts.

Perhaps try storage places in semi industrial areas and the like they are usually more flexible with this issue. Mine is unusual in that it is in the.city but they allow it

I like the sound of that option, I may ask around and see if any local places have a relaxed stance toward clients working on their cars.

i know a fella who will let you store a car in his shed for $50 a week.

undercover

secure

and a small annoying dog gaurding the joint 24/7. only problem his located in ballarat.

pm me