May 23, 201214 yr comment_605629 Hey guys, Silly question but ae71 slant front, was there ever a dx model? Or were they all "flat fronts"? Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_605692 I think what he means is 'was there a DX AE71 ever produced, or was it only the flat front KE70s that came in DX?'. They made DX slanty KE70s though, didn't they? Report
May 23, 201214 yr Author comment_605703 Senseless, that's what I mean! :) I haven't seen a slanty front dx, all I've seen are flat fronts dx's. So yeah just want to know were there ever slanty front dx's from factory? (that's how I should of asked it) Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_605706 Ok we're kinda going around in circles here. The DX is just a model of the *E7*, it came as a sedan with the square front with this front end or this front end But underneath it is just a ke70 with a 4k engine, yes the ke70 with the 4k engine came out in a slant front in some countries (ie Australia) like this one (mine) but it is badged as a CS or XX (?) The AE71 was released with a 4A-c motor hence the A in the model name. The DX was never released (as far as I'm aware) with a 4A-c engine. But wiki says there was E71 'DX' models released in the states but it doesnt say which body shape it is. So technically there are but I dunno if its a flat or slant front. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_(E70) Edited May 23, 201214 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_605707 Wikipedia also says that some *E7*s came out with a 2T........ They say that when you lift the bonnet, rainbows come out! Report
May 23, 201214 yr comment_605730 There are 2 types of DX flat front there are the ones like my T18 which are also TE72's, then there are later model DX fronts which is the one you put a picture up of Reed which have a slightly longer headlight and then there are the quad light ones. Also TE72's were released here in Australia just re badged as the T18, oversea's markets got 4 soor TE72 with 2or3TC, unsure if any came out with 2TG. Matt (LRS) probably knows more about the series 2 DX front. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now