Bumper Bars

Squire

Hello All,

this may seem stupid. But i'm not going to pretend i know everything. Here goes.

I have a KE 55. 4KC engine. I'm the second owner, so its in great condition.

the thing i can not get past is the plastic grill and rubber ends on the chrome bumpers..

Does a ke30 or ke20 bumper bar fit the ke 55?

Like i said. It may seem stupid but i don't know.

Cheers guys and gals

Members dont see this ad

cheers mate! will the ke 20 ones fit around the body?

I don't mind cutting brackets and welding. I'm only asking in case i come across some.

Now my last silly question.... What grills will fit the ke 55? I'd prefer a steel chrome one.... Will a ke20 one fit?

Thanks again mate!

KE30/55 are basically the same car so they are all interchangeable, ke20 bars wont work as well (fabbing mounts etc) and will be far more expensive. (unless you get lucky)

I used ke30 bars on my ke70 and while they fit, kinda, it was a LOT of fcuking around and they only look good from a distance.

Not sure about grills but id say no, KE20 wont work. There are heaps of different KE30/55 grills though.

If you wanna do a cheap chrome grill I did one on mine and used 20mm chrome pin stripe tape to cover it. :D

grill.jpg

Thats the grill i made

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

If you're modifying bumpers to fit you're better off getting cheap repro chrome bars welding mounts on to them IMO. 
Even if you go a sketchy job mounting bars made to suit they'll still look better than bars that don't suit anyway.

Or take the red pill and go where no E7 owner has gone before - save up for genuine chrome bars.