2a 1.3 Carby--4agze Conversion-ae80 1987

ae80boy

hey, i bought a ae80 87 corolla hatch about 6 months ago. i have lowered the car 4", high flow cat, 2" cat back 3-1/2" dump tip..i need to ask if the mounts on the ae80 are the same as whats on the ae82..iv done to much to the car to sell it, so i want to do the 1.6 efi conversion..maybe the super charged? love the site, nice work.thanks.

Members dont see this ad
Welcome aboard

where are you from mate?

I'd hazard a guess that mounts would be similar, but even then it wouldn't be hard if you had to modify engine mounts. etc

Good onya for dumping the 2a and thinking twincam 16v EFI :)

I'm from canberra, would i need an engineers crt. for the custom mounts?

Oh cool, another Canberran member. Keep an eye on the Canberra section here :)

If you make things look factory, you can get away with anything. The only problem is that if an AE80 didn't come from factory with a 4AGE (not sure I think the first was the AE82) then you'll need to get it engineered.

I reckon the mounts would be very close, if not similar.

Try looking around at other people's cars. Compare where the mount points are between your AE80 and an AE82. I'll bet they are the same.

Thanks for the help mate. should be happening in the next 2 months or so.....hope to blow u off in a cruize some day somewhere.......

• 1 month later...