Gandalf The Grey (1984 Ke70)

LongJohnSilver

Members dont see this ad

I'll give it a go! Any particular way I'd have to do it with oven cleaner? Or just the same "Spray on, Hose off" thing like the degreaser?

Just leave it to sit for a while. And wear gloves. That shit is caustic.

As Reed has said, I use mr muscle but most should work. I spray it on and once the foam has dissipated a bit, give it a brush and a hose off.

• Upvote 1

PICSSSSSS!!!

I've only got two photos from yesterday, I've been cursing myself for not taking more! :bash:

Slightly shiner K50:

post-16138-0-97104700-1345035038_thumb.jpg

And my practise door:

post-16138-0-08410400-1345035053_thumb.jpg

Yeah I got an extra rear right-hand door with the car. The girl I bought it off mentioned it was for when the window breaks in the old door, which it apparently will if you wind it down. Haven't been game to try it haha

So after giving the car a clean, I set about trying to install the last actuator. Again :bash:

Got the doorcard off and tried to find another suitable location for it, as the place I had it in before was preventing the door from closing. Interestingly enough though, I mounted them in the same place in both of the rear doors, but the one with the dodgy window had no problems! You can see in the photo below where I tried to mount it, the two little holes to the right of the door handle.

post-16138-0-08135300-1345271603_thumb.jpg

Not sure where else I could easily mount it? I'm open to suggestion at this point :hmm:

Thinking of giving up and just going 2 door central locking, but that would make me a quitter haha. Then I'd have to work out how to wire the damn thing, considering I don't have a multimeter, soldering Iron or wire strippers :( . I'll probably go to Jay Car on payday and get all that though.

Here's two videos of me trying to wind down the dodgy window for the first time! Nothing broke :y: . I'm not completely sure if there's anything wrong with it then haha

Today wasn't all bad though, sat on the backseat at a weird angle when trying to fit the actuator in and found $2. Score!

post-16138-0-15761700-1345271588_thumb.jpg

Just raise the actuator up and cut the actuator arms shorter that you attach to the lock mechanism bar, thats all I did.

I drilled a hole in the lock mechanism and bent the top of the actuator bar so it sat in the hole, was probably only 100mm long from the lock mechanism to the actuator.

Red is the actuator, green is the metal arm.

actuator.png

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB