Gandalf The Grey (1984 Ke70)

LongJohnSilver

Members dont see this ad

Cleaned up the extractors I have today, not perfect but a whole lot better than they were!

post-16138-0-45937500-1349174623_thumb.jpg

I'll paint them tomorrow if all goes to plan, then off to the exhaust shop to book myself a system!

I also need to go get my green P's too, might even treat myself to some brand spanking new plates :P

I seriously wouldnt bother painting your extractors. It'll all eventually burn off and end up looking the same as they do now. Spend the money on heat wrap which is also pretty unnecessary on a 4k but probably a better idea than paint.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

I seriously wouldnt bother painting your extractors. It'll all eventually burn off and end up looking the same as they do now. Spend the money on heat wrap which is also pretty unnecessary on a 4k but probably a better idea than paint.

Too late :(

post-16138-0-89505400-1349176051_thumb.jpg

Note to self: Ask for advice before spending my cold hard cash

Went down to my local exhaust shop and they told me:

$380 for the 2" system with a resonator and muffler

$170 to fit the extractors

I lol'd at the $170 to fit the extractors, seeing as thats more that double what I paid for them!

Might have a crack at putting them on myself, seeing as I have the right gasket in my possession. If anyone has done this before, I'm all ears for advice! :y:

Unbolt the inlet manifold and put it aside, you can leave everythink connected and just roll it out the way. Pull out the starter motor (make sure you take your battery leads off). This will give you room to get tto the exhaust bolts from underneath. You'll need a replacement manifold gasket. Its a cnut of a job. There will be, from memory ,some inlet manifold pollution gear holes that will need to be plugged.

• Upvote 1

Unbolt the inlet manifold and put it aside, you can leave everythink connected and just roll it out the way. Pull out the starter motor (make sure you take your battery leads off). This will give you room to get tto the exhaust bolts from underneath. You'll need a replacement manifold gasket. Its a cnut of a job. There will be, from memory ,some inlet manifold pollution gear holes that will need to be plugged.

Cheers Reed! I'll get one of my mates over to help me out with it too. I'll make sure my camera doesn't run out of batteries this time :P

Oh yeah, I'm a green P-plater now. So I'm in the 2nd tier of the most inexperienced motorists on the road haha

• 4 weeks later...