Ae93 Lolrolla Sx Track Hack

Subaru_kid

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure will be, and the fun isnt even starting yet ;)

In other news, I found out that the floor mats aren't plastic checker plate after all, but rather 100% legit JDM aluminum!!! hahaha

Seems as though at one point the car also had danger to the manifold and because of this the passenger side flew out of the floor... there are still remnants of tape/glue on the carpet that used to secure it down but the manifold just had way too much pressure.

The drivers side is near impossibru to take off and is pulling the rubber off of the carpet (the part where your shoes rest) Ill try and pry it off properly tomorrow and cover the damage with my SCA floor mats i purchased.

I'm actually loving this car already!

Todays news:

- Found $1.40 in the car

- I realised I had blue LED water jets... I also realised that my mate wired them up while i was working on the car and now they are permanently on and draining my life/battery

- Car no longer has silver interior

- Car no longer has any interior

- Seats need a scrubbin

- Found lots of glass and sand - needed a bulldozer to clear it off all the carpet

- Aluminum floor mats removed and glue/tape taken off carpet

- Gear stick is back to stock

- Lots of dodgy wiring.... I mean lots.

Todays news:

- Found $1.40 in the car

- I realised I had blue LED water jets... I also realised that my mate wired them up while i was working on the car and now they are permanently on and draining my life/battery

- Car no longer has silver interior

- Car no longer has any interior

- Seats need a scrubbin

- Found lots of glass and sand - needed a bulldozer to clear it off all the carpet

- Aluminum floor mats removed and glue/tape taken off carpet

- Gear stick is back to stock

- Lots of dodgy wiring.... I mean lots.

Good to see ur mate is helping u ;)

Keep up the good work :)

See ya

Jimi

• 5 months later...

Happy New Year!!

Plans have changed, so say hello to the new dedicated track hack!

Got big plans for the thing, hopefully ill be trolling even faster cars out there once this is done and on a budget too! ;)

Sadly this means the last track day for the 82 will be in march, after it will be retiring solely to daily duties. The car has reached that point where i can't take it much further without big funds... :(

I thought everything would be pretty much the same, just different shape? Don't they both use 4A engines? and a lot of Toyota parts are compatible with other models?

Is the suspension setup different between the two?

I'm lost on this decision lol

(not that's a bad thing - change is good)

:)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Theres not really much change, I'm not letting go of the 82.. That one is staying for as long as possible!! The problem is that I don't want to hack the thing up and then not be able to drive it every day.

AE9x have a better suspension geometry and are interchangeable with even better AE10x and AE11x suspension bits, not to mention that there is heaps of aftermarket support compared to the 82 where everything has been either customised to fit or custom made!!

This way i can have my cake and eat it... Win-win for both cars!! :)

Edited by Subaru_kid