4Afe Ke70?

Ke70sam

Hey guys as the title says I have a Ke70 and I'm just thinking about doing a 4afe conversion because of ease of getting the motor and price as I don't have the money to buy a ge motor and I can do ask the work myself just have a few queries am I right in thinking a t50 gearbox will fit it for the obvious rear wheel drive and as for the dizzy problem will a 4age rwd thing fit it and I would run Cathy so I don't have to hunt down a rwd manifold what other pebbles would I run into as for mounting I have read that 4afe blocks are the same as 4age blocks so engine mints won't be a phlegm I can get them any help would be much appreciated it didn't have to be a race car just adaily with a but more poke than a 4k

Members dont see this ad

Its not worth the effort, you will spend more money putting a 4AFE into your KE70 than you will putting a 4AGE in it. There is a reason no one has done it...

You may as well go 20v 4AGE if you're going to go to that much effort.

Edit: If you don't have much money you should consider a 5K swap, they go reasonably well and the engine conversion couldn't be easier.

And to answer your 4AFE RWD related questions: I'm going to go with no, but only because I'm not sure what you're actually asking. And I don't mean to be rube but try to employ these guys, they might be able to help us help you:

image-thumb.png

Edited by rian

The dizzy thing is a problem, I'm pretty sure they all have it on the end of the head, so no, nothing from a 4AGE or anything else is going to help you there. You'll have to cut into the firewall and make a clearance.

I'm with everyone else though, given how much all the bits for a conversion are, unless you have an AE71 already, just do the 4AGE. Given it's around $300 for a box, same for the hydro pedal box, $200 or so for the cross member, then you got clutch setup, engine mounts and you have to think about the water lines, it quickly cracks $1K before you've even started. You might as well do it properly.

If you're on a budget then the 5K option is a great idea.

I'm hoping that answers the question, I couldn't completely understand the post either.