Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Ke10 Gettin some Lovin

 

I bought this car for my brother who has a 20 valve ke10 of the same era. I pretty much purchased it to keep for parts for him, but I kind of liked it too much and decided to teach myself car restoration instead. :drinks:

post-8046-0-21999700-1344768444.jpgpost-8046-0-57271500-1344768481.jpg

 

Bought on ebay in 2009 still on reg. The car was originally from Sandringham Motors Melbourne it is a 1968 ke10 made in Japan with a 4 speed.

post-8046-0-83803200-1344768536.jpgpost-8046-0-52370400-1344768554.jpg

 

It had an Original motor with recent head fitted, new fuel filter and hoses but its valves seals are worn or it has cracked rings as it blows white smoke. It was boiling when I picked it up but cleaned out the radiator and all was good. I reckon the car was recently serviced before I purchased it as it had new filters etc.

 

Its body is pretty rough although fixable and will be a great way to learn automotive restoration.

Not much rust or bog at all and this was the reason for keeping it to restore.

The to do list is huuuge

post-8046-0-97823400-1344768897_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-44197000-1344768840_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-06317600-1344768977_thumb.jpg

 

Fixed the rust in the wheel well.

Started by fixing the front end damage. Looked like someone drove into a pole slowly.

 

post-8046-0-58967000-1344769256_thumb.jpg

Front Apron, bumper, grill were all squashed in. Bought an old yet straight and in budget bumper from Adelaide.

post-8046-0-64819800-1344769580_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-44606300-1344769599_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-43565000-1344769627_thumb.jpg

post-8046-0-96238400-1344769661_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-09774500-1344769681_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-16541200-1344769706_thumb.jpg

Moved house. I drove it 45 minutes to the new place, felt awesome burning around, a sign of things to come & I was literally burning all of the oil out of the motor.

 

Resto on drivers door rubber (I used hi ace door rubbers and cut them down. Two doors and my boot cost $15. Repaired door card, did the inside also and relined with dust proofing. Mainly repaired the door lining still going to re upholster the whole interior when I learn how to (Had pics but lost a large hard drive due to clumsiness.

post-8046-0-08231700-1344769907_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-16900000-1344770255_thumb.jpg

Purchased some trim rings, New heater tap, Changed the diff pinion seal and planned to remove the engine.

post-8046-0-10671300-1344770384_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-08246200-1344770386_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-36128700-1344770471_thumb.jpg

Grabbed myself a 4k and 5 speed. Took out old smokey and am planning the next stage of the cars life.

post-8046-0-17218400-1344770724_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-84267900-1344770744_thumb.jpg

OH&S

post-8046-0-33815600-1344770871_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-99316200-1344770763_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-74504700-1344770784_thumb.jpg

Made some gaskets and did some degreasing

post-8046-0-22300200-1344771133_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-70109100-1344771161_thumb.jpg

Put the 4K in and left some bits out.

post-8046-0-09667600-1344771253_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-84896600-1344771275_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-33591800-1344771242_thumb.jpg

About an inch difference in height of the new gear box I have made up some spacers for the time being and am looking for a solution before massaging the tunnel. Any suggestions? Original cross member can still be used perfectly with the 4k 5 speed conversion.

post-8046-0-60210200-1344771395_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-68910300-1344771416_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-58045900-1344771437_thumb.jpg

Cut the hole for the lever, not sure if the bottom of the lever can or should be in the cabin, as this would help with the height problem of the new box.

post-8046-0-06411300-1344771581_thumb.jpg

Educated myself about uni-joints. Used the uni from a ke 30 which has the fine tooth input shaft combined with my original tail shaft. Plug and play Celebrations.

post-8046-0-35602500-1344771707_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-16758900-1344771719_thumb.jpg

Gave the rocker a little rub

post-8046-0-67452900-1344771738_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-42939600-1344771757_thumb.jpg

As a (keep the car drivable) option I am using the original Manifolds from the ke10 with a 4k carb. The exhaust pipe is aligned and ready for bolts.

 

post-8046-0-08438200-1344772029_thumb.jpg

Also spent my hard earned pennies on a set of butchered Twin inlets. Unfortunately the water cooling system has been hacked at to fit extractors. I plan to plug the grinds and re-tap the manifolds.

post-8046-0-36502900-1344772012_thumb.jpg

Next step is working a 3k head and setting it up to run the dual carbs.

 

Any advice is much appreciated. And feel free to ask any questions.

All the best with your builds.

post-8046-0-88877900-1344772436_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-30679900-1344772438.jpgpost-8046-0-40021800-1344772440_thumb.jpgpost-8046-0-34205400-1344772432_thumb.jpg

Inspiration

I approve!

 

Except i hate cats eyes! haha

 

Coreys ke10 (the top one with the eyes) makes me happy in pants

Also with the gearbox, i'd look at using a rubber from another corolla, ie ke10/20/30/55/70 gearbox rubber, you might fix that'll make it all nice and fitting

 

Which one have you got on there?

  • Author

Cheers, Jono.Your 10 looks sweet.

I don't much like the cats eyes either but since they cost $12 and are going nice and rusty so I left em on. hahaha

 

The box is from a Ke70 I think not 100% on that though. I will look at swapping the rubbers but am pretty sure they are totally diferent. cheers bud :drinks:

For your reference Glen, the crossmember I'm using is the bottom one in that picture.

More 1X's this side of town is always a good thing!!

Btw you have a pm.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.