Do You Have A Workshop Manual For 4kc Engine?

wildthing

Members dont see this ad

Thanks a lot for the replies. I did made a search earlier and ended with the picture posted by medicine man.

But I have a problem with the terminologies used in the picture (that's why I was searching for the workshop manual instead)...

words/terminologies used in the picture diagram -like:

VSV, VCV, VTV, HIC, EGR-VM, Ch.B, BVSV, Canister, DP, V s/w, TVSV

Sorry I'm not really familiar with these and was hoping the workshop manual might have a better explanation for it/them - the picture did state that "See Repair Manual When you have any question"

Thanks a lot for the replies. I did made a search earlier and ended with the picture posted by medicine man.

But I have a problem with the terminologies used in the picture (that's why I was searching for the workshop manual instead)...

words/terminologies used in the picture diagram -like:

VSV, VCV, VTV, HIC, EGR-VM, Ch.B, BVSV, Canister, DP, V s/w, TVSV

Sorry I'm not really familiar with these and was hoping the workshop manual might have a better explanation for it/them - the picture did state that "See Repair Manual When you have any question"

I just realies that I have a Toyota training manual here that has some of the abbreviations and what they are..

VSV - Vacuum Switching Valve,

VCV - Vacuum Control Valve,

VTV - Vacuum Transmitting Valve,

HIC - Hot Idle Compensation,

EGR-VM - Exhaust Gas Recirculation - VM?,

Ch.B - Choke Breaker,

BVSV - Bimetal Vacuum Switching Valve,

Canister - Charcoal Canister,

DP - Dash Pot,

V s/w - ?,

TVSV - Thermostatic Vacuum Switching Valve.

I'll eventually put a WIKI/FAQ article up on the emissions systems. I would have got a bit of scanning done today but had a slight mishap with my scanner being full of an entire colony of ants. Blew it out with the air compressor and got one of the acidic little basards in my eye. Got it cleaned out eventually and its working again thank god. Here is a preview of what to expect in my soon to be WIKI/FAQ article..

BVSV.jpg

if your ever in search of the gregories manual just go to your local library and either photocopy the relevant section or borrow the book and "lose" it and pay the fine.

if not ebay and autobarn have the book.

its mighty handy, id recomend it :D