Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$$$ & Reality - Swaps Into Ke70S?

Featured Replies

Yeah I know I would like to get it ready to get one track day in before matsuri as it will be like driving a whole new car with steering rack and completely different braking system with no booster.

 

Also I just bought another T18 which may be there as well.

 

So you're driving in Matsuri too?? Keen. There's a few Toyotas in there. It's going to be mad fun.

 

And Slowlearner, no I'm not saying that a 4AGE conversion is as expensive as a BEAMS conversion because it just isn't. But it can be expensive if you let it. 20v's are a more costly conversion than a 16v.

I've spent anywhere from $6,500 to $7,500 on my 20v conversion and that's my friends and I doing most of the work. I've heard of people getting away with $10,000 for a BEAMS AE86 doing all the work themselves. Do the math..

Yeah ill be driving the uz72 at matsuri if it's done which it should, haha. Otherwise might make a mad dash and lock and lower the other T18 if it's not done, haha.

  • Author

out of curiosity, driveline and brakes would i need for a 16v conversion?

Depends what struts you upgrade to.

 

I'm going to use Corona xt130 struts/brakes converted to coil overs. Upgrade the master cylinder to a Pajero in case I wanna go bigger brakes again. Possibly 60 series if I can find the other caliper.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

out of curiosity, driveline and brakes would i need for a 16v conversion?

 

AE86 brakes are fine. You'll need AE71 running gear. Have a look here on the forum and you'll get more of an idea of what you want/need

As stated it really does depend on the price you get stuff I got 90% of my 4age conversion for $400 :P

So for me to put the smallport in has cost sub 1.5k.

  • Author

so a 4AG ke70 will get through a NSW blue plate without a brake upgrade?

so a 4AG ke70 will get through a NSW blue plate without a brake upgrade?

 

No? AE86 brakes would be required. As a minimum.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.