Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae82 4Ac - What Activates The Charcoal Canister Purge Valve?

Featured Replies

Hey guys, nearly ready to get my AE82 on the road but ive got a problem with the fuel tank getting pressurised and pushing fuel past the fuel pump (car is on duel fuel) and hence running like shit.

 

Ive had the tank out and made sure all the lines are clear. The charcoal canister isnt blocked etc. Basically ive traced it back to the purge valve.

 

Now the purge valve does work, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what tells it to turn on and off? I'm thinking one of the vacuum solenoids, but I'm not sure which one.

 

So if someone knows it would be much appreciated. I can then much around with vacuum ports to modify the way it works.

 

Oh btw ive tried leaving disconnecting it so the purge valve stays open all the time but the car runs rough and stalls so i don't really consider it a viable solution.

 

Thanks guys, cameron.

Do you have the emissions label under the bonnet?

 

I can look at my 4ac 82 tomorrow arv and let you know where it goes.

  • Author

Nah mate its long gone.

 

Thanks for having a look. Much appreciated

  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with mine! Leaving off the fuel cap solves the pressure problem temporarily, and the car should run better. As for how the purge valve works, I'd also like to know!!

Got a pic of your purge valve?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.