Te-25 Or Te-27 Historic Nc Racer

Mick E

The Racing Toyota's is essentially 2 pages where Bert talks about development of K engined vehicles. Nothing 2TG as it was too early then.

Was a supplement to the June 1972 issue of Racing Car News

I'll scan it and add to post when I'm back at work in a couple of weeks.

Who knew that Leonard Teale was a factory driver!

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

I've got some papers for a 27. I don't really know how to read them so I'm not sure how useful they are. They're mostly for the 151E and 150E rally 27's.

https://plus.google....754922473580769

Edit: I guess it doesn't help with historics as there is no Aussie details, but maybe good to someone?

Edited by snot35

Looking through Bill Tuckey's, "Australia's Greatest Motor Race - The Complete History", no 2TG equipped Corolla ran at Bathurst until the Thatcher/Misaki Levin in 1979. It failed to finish with a broken oil pump drive.

Of course there were races other than Bathurst, but probably unlikely a 2TG equipped car ever raced in Australia prior to this.

There were certainly KE20's raced, and in 1975 Richard Stiegler/Greg Toepfler entered a 1972 Corolla after their even older fastback was written off in a towing accident. Presumably this is a KE25. I wonder if it raced elsewhere and prior to 1972?

This is a pdf of the pages. I seem to have missed one page but have got a headache trying to work out which one it is. If you work it out, let me know and I'll edit it.

Quality is ordinary, partially as these were initially jpeg's, but largely as the quality of the original back in the 70's wouldn't have been much good either.

Photo's are useless, but the detail is interesting

homologation papers.pdf

Edited by parrot