Am I A 67 Or 68 Ke10??

nana_car_67

Members dont see this ad

Guard indicators - Early ke10 ones are smaller profile, Later are bigger

Front stone tray lights - Early are smaller and clear, Later are bigger and orange

Guard badges - Some later ke10's/11's had Corolla 1200 badges

Dash - Early ke10's had an entirely different dash compared to the later model

Interior Door handles - Early had a twist door handle similar to a window winder, later model had just a conventional pull leaver

C pillar - Later model had plastic vents on the rear pillar behind the rear quarter window

Tailights - Early and later tailights are different, early are slightly smaller with the reflector being in the centre and oval, Later model had the reflector next to the reverse light and is square

Mind you, The early ke10 carried on into 1968 but with the later model dash, So they're still ke10's. Then came ke10-b which has all the later model fixtures but still with the 1100cc 1k-c motor

Then ke11 came out, with has all of those late model parts and a 1200cc 3k-c engine

Judging by your vin i reckon it'd be an early 1968 still with the original ke10 features etc just the next year. As it's supposed to be 1967's are up to about ke10-250000 and then after that is the next year

I've got the id book saved on my computer at work... I think it changes to 68 at KE10-260001. I'll confirm on Monday if you like :)

I'm curious to see if you have vents in the rear pillars and the squared out gauge pod... my guess is no on both.

I think the early 68's are the same as the 67 (as Jono said) but not 100% sure.

Jono & Ken,

Thank you soo much for for your assistance on this one. And yep there is no doubting she is a 68 now. Thanks Ken for the link, a great piece of information to be kept. Maybe you could post it somewhere as I notice some others are not sure either.

In answer to your questions, we don't have vents in the pillars nor the squared out guage pods

Here is the funny bit. As Ange is born in 67, she always wanted to believe the car was the same. We had Nana Car 67 KE10 T-Shirts made. Guess I will be getting new ones done!! ;)

Thanks again

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Jono,

Don't suppose you could post a photo of a KE10 & KE11 grill, so I can see the difference. I dare say Nana may have had a little binglie in her car. As the front left guard has a corolla 1200 badge on it.

Any thoughts on where I can buy decent mirror to replace the aftermarket plastic one that is on the Driver's side door and another Corolla Badge for the LH Guard

Cheers

Dave