Ke30-55 Efi In-Tank Fuel Pump

JDMJared

Hey guys!

My Ke55 came with a mysterious fuel tank which houses an electric in-tank fuel pump, it looks and fits like a factory one. What's really got me puzzled is; what car did it come from? I don't know of any e30-55's which had EFI and e70-80's usually have a tank which sits under the boot..... quite a mystery!

Stock (no pump) tank:

IMG_8829_zps9f7fae0d.jpg

Mystery electric pump tank:

IMG_8830_zps43f622cd.jpg

Both:

IMG_8831_zps4f940c25.jpg

Stock - note one only pickup, in the center:

IMG_8833_zps7aa46e7f.jpg

Mystery - note the extra pickup which houses the electric pump:

IMG_8832_zps197a83d6.jpg

Closer look:

IMG_8834_zpsf47bb34f.jpg

So what do you reckon guys?

Members dont see this ad

Someone mounted an in tank pump at some stage.

But it looks to be spot welded in there, and very factory looking spot welds at that! Who would be nuts enough to weld a fuel tank?

kicks the hell outa that finish on the concrete wall behind it :P:

Hey come on man, my land lord is some 80 year old polish lady who lives in a shack in the back yard - it was the best she could do.... (you should see when she paints something)

Edited by JDMJared

Hi there,

In your first post / 3 photo on the left is a KE55 tank and the other is a KE30/35 tank … well it’s the same as in my KE35.

Everything is factory with regards to the spot welded in big plugs/ bungs things.

On My KE35 I have the fuel sender (gauge sender) on the driver’s side and the fuel pick up located on the top.

I have modified mine just like the tank you have come across

Have a read of this thread starting from thread number 107 (it might make a little more sense from what I have tried to explain).

http://www.rollaclub...e/page__st__105

Hi there,

In your first post / 3 photo on the left is a KE55 tank and the other is a KE30/35 tank … well it’s the same as in my KE35.

Everything is factory with regards to the spot welded in big plugs/ bungs things.

On My KE35 I have the fuel sender (gauge sender) on the driver’s side and the fuel pick up located on the top.

I have modified mine just like the tank you have come across

Have a read of this thread starting from thread number 107 (it might make a little more sense from what I have tried to explain).

http://www.rollaclub...e/page__st__105

Mystery solved!!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate you're a genius, looks like an easy fuel tank to modify for EFI. You should throw your conversion up in the Wiki.