Window Rubbers/felts

Mr Hardware

Hey all

I have a ke55 sedan. The rear passenger side window has the rubber/felt like little strips missing. The bloody window rattles. I would like to fix this. Someone has told me that they are called 'bailing strips' or something like that. I have also been told that you need to take the door apart to get them in. I don't want to have to do that. I just want to know:

1. What the hell are these things called.

2. Can i get them new, a generic type thing?

3. Are they easy to put in

4. How do you put them in.

My gf is not really all that pleased with how upset i get over that incessant rattle i get from the window.

IT DRIVES ME f@$kING BONKERS IOOIH(GY(*_Y)*(HU(H(HHOIPOHIPHUI I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT

*ahem*

So if any of you fine gentlemen have any ideas or solutions, i would love to know.

Regards

Mr Hardware

Members dont see this ad

I can tell the answer some of this.

We got a perfect set for the whole car

at the wreckers.

If you wind the window right down one set

pops out just put a flat screwdriver behind

and work it out. Then you have room to

remove the other set. I think you push

them in and down. :o They hook on a lip

in the top of the door.

Are you talking about the piece of rubber that goes around the door frame above the window? Or the piece that runs along the top of the door itself at the bottom of the window?

If you are talking about the bottom piece, is it missing both inside and outside? Depending on what model KE55 you have, it will differ. The late model ones with the door trims that go all the way to the top, have the rubber piece attached to it, and to get a new one on that you will have to remove the door trim. If it is an earlier one, the door trim wont go to the top, and the rubber is mounted in the door, you will be wanting to remove the door trim anyway, as the rubber has a metal backer, which has little fins that stick through holes in the door, and need to be spread once the rubber is in place, and it will be easier to do with the door trim off. Same with the outside piece, door trim off, window right up, so you can get to the fins.

If you are talking about the rubber that goes in the window runner (right around the top of the door frame) you will need to pull the window out, which obviously involves pulling the door trim off, and there is 2 x 10mm bolts that hold the window in at the bottom, taking a window out takes two minutes, and does not involve pulling the rubber pieces off the door (the pieces mentioned in the first bit of my reply) they just slide out through them.

I believe you can get a whole rubber kit for a KE55 corolla from rare spares, or just search the wreckers for a decent one for that door, if the rest are ok.

Depending on which pieces you are after, I will probably have what you need, maybe if you take some pics? So I know what you are after exactly.

why would he have to pull the glass out?

just roll the window down, pull what's left of the old one out, pull the door cards, insert the new one (you can spray this with silicone or wd-40 to make it easier) and pull it down into the door.

then just cut the corners so it lays flat....

bubba's was WAYYYYY bigger than the courier's, so it's a little tight......but it doesn't rattle or whistle