4Age Smallport Into Ae71 Loom Issues

Jossy

Hi all, just wondering,

i have purchased a Smallport and its got 2 looms, one loom i have plugged up to the engine and the other loom I'm not sure what it is?

Its definitely different to the engine loom, is it possibly an interior loom? and the smallest plug that goes into the ECU has cut wires, where does this go to?

And can I run my original interior loom with the ECU?

Also, is there any plugs on the engine that wont need to be plugged in at all?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Members dont see this ad

The "extra" loom would be the one with the headlights and similar from the AE92

Yes you can run the original interior loom you just need to give it power, tap in it a thick white wire from either loom.

You only need 3 wires from the smallest ecu plug. (I can tell you the exact ones if you want)

http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/ECU%20Japan%20AE92%2090-91.htm

These are the ecu pinouts if you want to check things.....This is the JDM version a couple of the colours are different in the AUDM models but the pinout locations are the same.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

On mine put on the radiator support like how runs on 70/71. No you don't technically need it but I personally don't think its worth the risks cutting it up when its really easy to hide

Check the plug on my car tomorrow morning but from memory it was pin #1, 4 and 7 on the smallest (12pin) plug.

Maybe #2 as well now that I think about it.

Thanks heaps for that, i really appreciate it! Aw yeah so when you put yours in, did your horn , headlights etc just plug straight in to it? If you have a picture of your engine bay (you don't have to go to the effort to take one) pm it to me and ill check it out if thats cool?

Yeah so on the 12pin plug you only need #1, 2, 4 and 7

You just leave your original loom untouched apart from joining to thick white wires from each loom so that they both have power.

This is one when it was still really messy and its generally just a shit photo.

2012-10-12_20-12-34_429_zpsb91b581a.jpg

This is my build thread. If you want to have a flick through- Page 24 has some "current" photos

http://www.rollaclub...-drift-machine/

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

Looks really good you've done a great job!

Yeah I'm jus not 100% sure what to do with that breather that goes through the throttle body because when i cut and shut it, it will get blocked? Also on your intake do you have the sensor on it ? As in the one thats usually on the air box on an AE92? think its a blue plug?