Ae92 Suspension Help

Boostn_24/7

Hey guys I thought I was reading somewhere where Ae92 Struts and Celica struts where interchangable? Celica struts where around the 40-60mm Shorter ?? I have looked around but can't seem to see where that was, or possibley I was dreaming... Can anyone shed some light on this for me ? I'm trying to run a shorter throw shock with my springs to get the low/stiffness I am chasing without going coilovers. I'll attach a pic of the car with my rims that I am trying to run, as an example of ride height etc. As you can see the rear is a little soft and has rims in the back seat so its sagging abit, but realistically, height is about what I want in the rear, as for the front, can prob come down close to another inch. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Brownie

post-16975-0-65682500-1353561480_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Depends on which celica you're talking about. ST184/5 is a shorter travel (130mm) but my investigations show them as having larger bottom bolts with a different offset from strut centrerline (in a bad way) and I believe they were the same overall length. If you go back to ST162 ish, they have the same travel as the AE92 (I'm actually using ST162 Koni's in my AE92, though they're supposedly a discontinued item) same size bolts to hold the strut to the knuckle, but again different offset of bolts to strut centreline (again in a bad way).

Camry from my rough measurements at the wreckers were very similar to Celica.

Btw; if you run your car with those sort of offset rims you're asking for guard damage and a canary.

• 1 month later...