November 23, 201213 yr comment_637536 Hi all, i was running 3k in my starlet, i saw 7k at my friends place and bought it, in exchange i gave 3k to my friend, ... I thought is bolt on .. :( but found out the swap issue,... I Do have a 2k ... Now I want to use the 7K with its original Oil pump ... ?? please help me out here. Many thanks... Salman Report
November 23, 201213 yr comment_637557 Have a read... http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/16660-matts-7k-ke30/page__st__210 He's done it with plenty of detail. not sure about the starlet cross member, but can't imagine it being much different... Report
November 24, 201213 yr Author comment_637641 He modified the Sump. let me see.... i can't find the pictures.. Report
November 25, 201213 yr comment_637735 He modified the Sump. let me see.... i can't find the pictures.. I really don't have any decent photos of the sump mods. As you can't really see it behind the crossmember. Basically you just have to scallop the sump around the crossmember on the passenger side. Report
November 26, 201213 yr Author comment_637895 The main issue is Steering rod connecting to the steering rack, , My StarLet is RHD. Report
November 28, 201213 yr comment_638095 If you are already running a k-series motor then it shouldn't be an issue as the block is only marginally wider and taller. Report
December 1, 201213 yr Author comment_638375 I have the 3K stater motor, the engine didnt came with one, its not cranking the engine... taking load... as when the battery is low. .. , :offtopic: Report
February 10, 201313 yr Author comment_646869 Hi all, Sorry, was busy. The issue i had with cranking the engines, was because of starter motor, i was using 4K starter motor which was unable to rotate the 7k-E , alltho it was New! I Searched and found a 7k with starter motor, it was totally different thing, Installed it and the engine started to crank perfectly,. then the IGN timming : have to Learn and redo the IGN timing, read an article here and done. the only thing which bugs me Now is exhaust pipe, currently i have 1.5 inch Straight pipe till to cylincer and nothing in between.. I just want to know what the recommanded exhaust setup for 7k-E.? also a friend of mine have a t50 (20 spines) available, which he had in his 4age Silver top. can i use that tranny in 7k-E. > Thanks Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now