Ke70 Box In Ke30

azzy_10

Members dont see this ad

Accurate is a relative term when your talking old corollas. My ke55 with a Ke55 5 speed, and correct diff is 10% out and will be forever more. (I think it is because the factory rolling radius tire is taller than the common sizes found now)

There is a mob in Melbourne who make converter boxes that can step the speedo cable speed up or down without having to disassemble a gearbox, but their name escapes me at the moment. Have used their product for a supra-box-in-cruumydoor-conversion and it worked quite well.

Accurate is a relative term when your talking old corollas. My ke55 with a Ke55 5 speed, and correct diff is 10% out and will be forever more. (I think it is because the factory rolling radius tire is taller than the common sizes found now)

There is a mob in Melbourne who make converter boxes that can step the speedo cable speed up or down without having to disassemble a gearbox, but their name escapes me at the moment. Have used their product for a supra-box-in-cruumydoor-conversion and it worked quite well.

If your that worried about it there a a couple of options.

1. grab a few different speedo gears from the wreckers and suck it and see
  2. use your GPS to mark the speedo at various points for 40, 60, 80, 100, 110km/h
  3. use a speedo corrector as above.
  4. Talk to an instrument repair place. May be able to recalibrate your speedo

1. Talk to an instrument repair place. May be able to recalibrate your speedo

My old man did this to a truck. Got sick of the drivers complaining that it was slow and would only do 100km/h. Sent the speedo off and got the repair place to adjust it to read 10km/h higher than it actually was doing. Drivers were happy until they found out what he did 4 years later