Suspensions And Lowering A Ke20 Coupe

BAI3477

Hi guys..

can anyone share with me the best shockers and springs to use in my ke20..?? for the front that is...

as for the rear , how do i lowerdown the leaf springs and which shocks to get good handling..

I'm only using a 5k engine and it running on 14inch rubbers...

Thanks in advance...

Members dont see this ad

Hey don't knock the 5K. With the right mods in a '20 it can be within 3 seconds of a worked WRX at the Ballarat autocross track - 2km unsealed road.

How much do you want to spend??????????

Cheap and nasty method for the rear would be to flip a leaf or add a couple of leaves upside down. This will lower the rear and stiffen it if that is your thing. I actually removed two leaves. Left the leaf pack almost flat and softened it up to help the car squat. There is a picture on this forum somewhere of my rear leaves.

Thanks for the info mate...

I don't hv a huge budget to go with ..and furthermore i planning to get the "lowering" done by myself..

So you're saying that i shud add couple of leaves updise down to lower n stiffen the rear..? what model leaves that can fit in..? please bare with me as down here there aren't a lot of guys who mod old corollas and they will come up with silly ideas to get the job done...and the machine shop guys just don't understand what you really want them to do..

as for the shocks..what would be a better option as right now although i'm running on 14inch rims it sometime touches the body and do i hv to look fr a shorter shock when the lowering is completed..?

• 4 weeks later...

having the first main leaf normal the second inverted and the rest normal work just fine, if you want to stiffen it up and lower without blocks add extra leaves mine has a 9 pack with VH commadore station wagon shocks, it may sound to much but the leaves depth give the effect of lowering and extra weight carrying ability and the shocks are soft enough not to put you lower spine through the top of your head, had it that way for 6 years no problems and handles great, the front is standard struts with lowered kings and bump steer correction spacers, can send photos if you like, by the way did this all at home on my own to save money all up cost me approximately $350 and half a day. hope this helps. :bounce: