March 21, 201313 yr comment_650949 Hey fellas, So I recently moved out of home and realised how expensive the world is. Especially fuel for hungry falcon. This is where the bike comes in. 25km per litre is awesome, when you have to travel 120km to work and back each day. 2004 yamaha virago, 32,000km on the dial. Its fun, sits on 100 alright and goes zip zip zoom. The plan is to bob it. Search bobbers to get the idea Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_650952 nice mate..! i looked at these years ago, as an alternative as a 'poor mans harley' for me, as my first bike ended up getting a CMX 250... irecall independant motorcycle wreckers in Tbar were offering some nice custom parts for these back in the day can look into it for ya if you like there was a leatherwork guy next door too that does seats etc nice pick up Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_650954 Was looking at one of these before I bought the 18. Pretty cool. don't you need a mod plate to remove the 2nd seat or some crap like that? Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_650964 as long as the foot peg holes were welded up, and the pillion seat removed, was all we used to need to do mate i bet sht has changed since tho... Report
March 21, 201313 yr comment_650965 Legally you do need a mod plate converting it to a one seater, rego is even cheaper then also. Most of the mods bobber guys do though probably aren't legal enough to get a mod plate in the eyes of the government though lol. Report
March 21, 201313 yr Author comment_650972 Yeah mod plate is needed, haha yeah its pretty hard to mod a bike legally. But ill try my best Report
March 22, 201313 yr comment_651020 <3 bobber and cafe racers. keen to see where you take it. I can't let myself get a bike licence, I just have no self control when it comes to doing silly things sometimes.... Report
March 24, 201313 yr Author comment_651198 Over the next few days I'm going to attempt to fab a springer seat. As i think the ebay ones will be to big for my frame. This is in proportion and still big enough to fo the job. Going to sort out the rear fender taillight and number plate mounts after the seat. On other notes went for a ride down to jimboomba and around mt tamborine, great fun Report
March 26, 201313 yr comment_651455 <3 bobber and cafe racers. keen to see where you take it. I can't let myself get a bike licence, I just have no self control when it comes to doing silly things sometimes.... nice mate..! and Mase, we may be able to ride together if this comes through currently in the shop, getting custom exhaust fitted may be some inspiration for you? Edited March 27, 201313 yr by nerfbat Report
March 30, 201313 yr Author comment_651721 Very similar to what I'm going for, I have been looking at sone after markket drag pipes for it. Might look into the custom side of things, Report
April 9, 201412 yr Author comment_680893 Recently got it re-registered, It has been sitting unloved since November. Gave it some loving now its back to daily duties. As of next month I will be on my un restricted license. So ill be upgrading to a CB750 for a café racer/street tracker project Report
April 10, 201412 yr comment_680923 awesome, love the clean bobber style. How is it finding a cb these days? they seem to be a very popoular model to turn into a cafe racer Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now