Need Help With Vacuum Hose

ausca62

icon1.png E F I ?

Hi guys, have finally started putting the motor back together. (Thanks Subaru_Kid ) I need some info from you EFI Experts. (I'm a carby guy) Can some one tell me the difference between the two injectors.

post-5916-0-90740400-1367052454_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-55202400-1367052555_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-00796600-1367052568_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-22933700-1367052731_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-14697400-1367052759_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-08018700-1367052767_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-81016800-1367052775_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking the black are standard but the pink??

Cheers. Paul.
Edited by ausca62

Members dont see this ad

4AGE? Pink are stock.

Black are 7MGTE I'm not 100% but pretty sure, EDIT: Grey not black read comment above :P

Also is that a KE20 with a huge wing?

And the CC rating from Parrot is on the money.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Thanks guys for your information.

So from what i can gather I would be best to use the pink. would that be true. They are for a 4AGE bigport in an ae82 Seca.

And yes Reed that is my ke20 sports sedan (old school 2tg)

Cheers. Paul

Well the pinks flow a bit more and supposedly have a more effective spray pattern rather than the single pintle (greys). My very basic understanding is that the pinks better direct fuel mixture at the valve stem rather than all over the intake walls as well as with single pintle injectors.

Whatever, most important I would say, is that the injectors are cleaned properly. They are both low resistance so you can slip either in. If you don't have the correct injector plugs, just have a look at late 80's injected Toyota's at pickapart. Doing the same years ago, something common, possibly SV21 Camry's used the same shaped plug.

And I have seen that KE20, and it sounded awesome!

Thanks' Pete. It still sounds awesome too. I have got the bug again. I read about the Steerfast Rally KE30 and decided it was time to pull my finger out and get back on the track. I'm getting my wife's ae82 back together and am going to sell it to fund the ke20. Did you ever do anything with that 2tg? Cheers mate. Paul.

Edited by ausca62

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi guys, any help would be great. I am thinking of locking the diff in my wife's ae82 Seca (welding) and was wondering if anybody has done this. She has only been racing or a year but I think she is ready for it. She won her class in our club championship last year. My only concern is there is not much of her and weather the steering will be too heavy.I assume you could get power steering for 82s but I think it would be hard t find. Cheers.Paul.

post-5916-0-34192900-1390557816_thumb.jpg

Edited by ausca62

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi guys, just finished my wife's new race car. Its the same as her old one but this is a lot lighter. Took it to the track today for a shake down before round 2 of the Victorian Hill Climb Championship next Saturday at Haunted Hills. That's where my problem surfaced. After about 6 laps of hard driving, the car developed a bad oil leak. Left a trail about half way round the track and back to the pits. Put it back on the trailer and took it home. On closer inspection, i found it had blown out the front cam seal. (4AGE) Has any body had this problem. I have just done cam seals, crank seal and timing belt. I am wondering if it maybe built up too much crank case pressure in the one side (the other cam cover has the breather that goes to the catch can. Any help would be much appreciated, as I don't want to go next week and do 1 run and have the same thing happen. Cheers.

post-5916-0-27715800-1422690101_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-99526700-1422690123_thumb.jpg

Looks fantastic! What did you decide about the diff in the end?

I can't imagine there would be sufficient pressure build up through the engine sufficient to blow out the cam seal. You're meant to use seal packing goop on the outside of the seal, not install it dry. Did you do that?